JR Suites on VOS?

Man314

Currently booked for Dec 10th, 2005 sailing of VOS. We are currently in 1658 JR Suite on Deck 10 towards aft. I have heard so much about aft cabins and the larger balconies and there are still a few available on this ship. Three are on Deck 7 (7694, 7392, 7394) and two on Deck 6 (6694 & 6394). I am considering switching, but have a few questions for you veteran "aft cruisers."

• Web site says that all 5 remaining JR Suite afts have an obstructed view. Does anyone know what would be the obstruction?
  • These rooms seem to be narrower, but longer than most JR suites. Can anyone confirm? Is the layout difference a problem?
  • Are the balconies larger than those JR Suites on port or starboard sides? Large enough to make a difference? Different sizes on deck 6 vs. 7?
  • Would you change from my existing room 1658 to any of these?

Any advice would be appreciated.

We had JR aft deck 7 a couple of years ago. I didn't look up the cabin numbers you listed, but if those on 7 actually face aft, yes the balconies are much bigger than those along the sides of the ship. I wouldn't suggest aft balconies on deck 6 as there is a metal extension out the aft that is used by crew. Because of the extension in front of your balcony, you can't see down to the water on deck 6 aft. All the aft balconies on Voyager class ships have metal structural beams criss-crossing your view. But I don't believe they are designated as "obstructed view". I would never knowingly book an obstructed view cabin.

Archived