MSC On Board phone app

Captain Funtime

MSC's app (like Royals "Royal IQ" app) is free while on board. Surprised to hear that NCL charges for theirs.

NCL's app is free to use onboard as well.. for info, booking, etc

The extra charge of $7.95 per device is for texting and talk between devices over wifi... an option

the msc app can only be downloaded on board. if it worked it would give you plenty of options. keeping in touch with friends on the same ship (added facebookstyle), daily activities, see where your kids are (if they use the app and logg their current location)...

when we tried to use it in march16 it did hardly work due to bad wifi (the use is free but it still operates via the wifi). maybe it is better now with the new tecnology?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

I know this thread is from last year, but I was curious to see if the app is any better recently. I'd like to use the features if they work correctly. I'm not clear on the cost though. Can someone clarify?

I know this thread is from last year, but I was curious to see if the app is any better recently. I'd like to use the features if they work correctly. I'm not clear on the cost though. Can someone clarify?

it is free it worked ok for me in feb. I also bought the $20 a week social web package to keep in touch with home. worked ok but I had to sign in each time it didn't stay open 24/7 but it was just a button to push to connect.