Disney Wonder on Webcam showing her being stripped

Ex techie

fantastic pictures!!!!

LOVE that embarkation menu!!! Yum!!!!!

and i'm glad it's sit down. i'm not a big fan of buffets.

Edge looks great!

and concierge looks wonderful too.

(but still not worth it for me to pay more)..

Oakens is sooooooooooo cool looking - where is it located?

oh....and love the new washing stations....is there more than just that one sink? doesn't seem like enough for the hundreds who eat there...

Edited by alaska_planner

fantastic pictures!!!!

LOVE that embarkation menu!!! Yum!!!!!

and i'm glad it's sit down. i'm not a big fan of buffets.

Edge looks great!

and concierge looks wonderful too.

(but still not worth it for me to pay more)..

Oakens is sooooooooooo cool looking - where is it located?

oh....and love the new washing stations....is there more than just that one sink? doesn't seem like enough for the hundreds who eat there...

Oaken's is in the club I believe.

I've no idea how many handwaving stations were installed.

ex techie

Don't get too happy about having USB outlets. Bestten's are rated 3.1a max combined, 2.4a max per port.

I don't think they are apple certified so apple products will complain about in certified charger.

They are not QC 2 or 3 so it so take for ever to charge Android devices.

Those are 3 year old designed outlets.

Keep packing your chargers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Apple products will not complain about the power source, just the cable used.

OK they are not quick charge USB outlets, but I think they will do for overnight charging of devices.

And if not, there are two more 115v outlets to use, so still a win win!

ex techie

And hence why most cruise lines are hesitant to install USB ports on their ships, they would be outdated before the next drydock, and there would be complaints. (There are always complaints!)

And hence why most cruise lines are hesitant to install USB ports on their ships, they would be outdated before the next drydock, and there would be complaints. (There are always complaints!)

Complaints are one thing and no matter what you do you will still get them.

But I just did a quick Google search and the NCL Escape, Harmony of the seas, Quantum of the seas, Carnival Vista, are a few that do have USB wall plates, so while lines are slow to adopt this, they are doing it.

ex techie

Complaints are one thing and no matter what you do you will still get them.

But I just did a quick Google search and the NCL Escape, Harmony of the seas, Quantum of the seas, Carnival Vista, are a few that do have USB wall plates, so while lines are slow to adopt this, they are doing it.

ex techie

But they are still behind the curve buy not installing USB C chargers. Which is what the latest phones and laptops are switching to.

But they are still behind the curve buy not installing USB C chargers. Which is what the latest phones and laptops are switching to.

I'm not disagreeing with you that they are lagging behind in installation and more up-to-date technology like USB C, just saying that it's a start and will suffice for many people!

And if not, they have 2 more regular outlets to use!

ex techie

We bring a USB charger hub and longer cables. With the hub sitting between the bed and the couch 10ft cables reach all of the beds with plenty to spare.

I just bought this one with USB C PD.

https://www.anker.com/products/A2052111

That looks like a great piece of kit, and great for at home.

But it does have a surge protector built in, so goes against the USCG recommendation, and DCL's policy of not allowing devices with surge protectors aboard.

MultiProtect Safety System

Surge protection, short circuit prevention and more advanced safety features keep you and your devices safe.

ex techie

That looks like a great piece of kit, and great for at home.

But it does have a surge protector built in, so goes against the USCG recommendation, and DCL's policy of not allowing devices with surge protectors aboard.

ex techie

Actually, from actively researching this through various manufacturers, emailing them directly, and getting technical responses to my queries, I have found that what many of these companies claim to be "surge protection" is not. Nearly all USB chargers use what is called "voltage regulation" where when the input voltage reaches a trigger level, the circuitry cuts off the output voltage, but this does not necessarily provide protection against excessively high voltages jumping the input/output barrier and damaging the electronics. These Anker products, as well as nearly all pure USB chargers (no power outlets) have a two prong plug, and without a ground connection you cannot have surge protection. Surge protection is designed to take the high input voltage and dump it to ground. The companies use the terminology of "surge protection" because it is more commonly understood (or thought to be understood) than "voltage regulation", and sounds more trustworthy. If the product does not mention the "joules" rating of the device, or its "clamping voltage", then it is not really surge protected.

Long and short, anything with a two prong plug poses no danger on a ship from a surge protection standpoint.

Actually, from actively researching this through various manufacturers, emailing them directly, and getting technical responses to my queries, I have found that what many of these companies claim to be "surge protection" is not. Nearly all USB chargers use what is called "voltage regulation" where when the input voltage reaches a trigger level, the circuitry cuts off the output voltage, but this does not necessarily provide protection against excessively high voltages jumping the input/output barrier and damaging the electronics. These Anker products, as well as nearly all pure USB chargers (no power outlets) have a two prong plug, and without a ground connection you cannot have surge protection. Surge protection is designed to take the high input voltage and dump it to ground. The companies use the terminology of "surge protection" because it is more commonly understood (or thought to be understood) than "voltage regulation", and sounds more trustworthy. If the product does not mention the "joules" rating of the device, or its "clamping voltage", then it is not really surge protected.

Long and short, anything with a two prong plug poses no danger on a ship from a surge protection standpoint.

Thanks for writing it up, I was to tired last night. Got to love marketing making everything clear as mud.

Aside from a few high end surge protectors, you need the 3rd prong to have a surge protector that DCL is worried about.

Most hubs are basically multiple chargers sharing the same AC to DC power supply. Because they don't have to be concerned about blocking other outlets, they have the space to use better power conversion components that offer better stability and protection then standard wall warts. Which is ask the marketing team is trying to use to up sell the product.

"Teasing" them with the tempting menu that they can't have right now! I know I could use some of that delicious food right now! Lol

I was referring to the tasty menu, for those of us who won't get to sample it any time soon.

Got it!

A couple of pictures of the Concierge Lounge. Very spacious!

@PopularCruising

CxO1IpzUcAAkRPk.jpg

CxO1lBGUkAge98w.jpg

(Sorry gometros!) Beef Wellington

CxO4uzlUQAA_Ck4.jpg

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie