"Magnetic Flashlight" Questions ?

serendipity1499

Any magnet will stick but I would invest a few dollars and get strong ones. I would suggest, rare earth neodymium magnet or Ceramic Industrial Magnets. You can find these online for a set. They are less then $20. While more expensive they are 10 or 20 times stronger and will hold much more.

Word of warning. When packing these, keep them away from electronics! I pack them in the box or container they come in and stick them in dress shoes which are your typical mans leather dress shoe. In there they will do no damage.

Thanks..

While on our longer cruise last fall the toiletry shelves on the Maasdam Bathroom one wall was woefully inadequate. This thread re magnetic lights got me thinking...

I pulled some narrow plastic drawer trays out of the kitchen and placed 4 bar magnets from Harbor Freight (2 for $.99) 2 on inside and 2 outside of one tray side, 4 total, and up against my refrigerator. It held beautifully. This was an 8 inch drawer tray. I will use 8 on the longer tray and expect it to hold also.

Love the tips. Thanks to all.

I think HF gives them away with other orders, but until we get there tomorrow we have no idea if there is anything else which we could use & purchase there..

DH does not need tools & we live in a condo, so I suspect we will have to buy all 9 of them.. But how can we go wrong at $2.99 ea.. LOL

HF is well known for their 20% coupons as well as coupons for free items - screwdriver sets, multimeters, tarps and more. The magnetic two-way LED lights are another choice. You have to have the coupon specific for each of these items and have to make an additional purchase. The lights are nice in that they also have a sold out hanger type hook in addition to the strong magnet

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Herfnerd

HF is well known for their 20% coupons as well as coupons for free items - screwdriver sets, multimeters, tarps and more. The magnetic two-way LED lights are another choice. You have to have the coupon specific for each of these items and have to make an additional purchase. The lights are nice in that they also have a sold out hanger type hook in addition to the strong magnet

QUOTE]

They gave me another batch of coupons for other things..DH was in his glory in that store, but does not need more tools..LOL I purchased 9 of the lights along with some heavy duty magnet clips & batteries..Had not been there in a long time..Love the lights..Kept 5 of them & giving the other 4away.. I'm sure our kids would like them too..Will go back before Christmas & get some more...The magnet is quite strong & so is the hangar..Have two attached to the cord covers, two in other areas of the condo & one in the car.. Could use a couple more..

We do a lot of visiting during the Holidays & I always like to bring a small house gift to put under the tree..These will be added to the list..Last year it was homemade chocolate bark which I found through our Broker..A lady up in Bradenton makes the bark in her home kitchen..

Edited by serendipity1499

Forums

Prices are very low at HF, so the additional purchase requirement really is not an issue IMO. Last trip I bought an $8 item that Lowes had for $30! While the quality was not as good, for what I needed it was fine, so it was quite a bargin.

Prices are very low at HF, so the additional purchase requirement really is not an issue IMO. Last trip I bought an $8 item that Lowes had for $30! While the quality was not as good, for what I needed it was fine, so it was quite a bargin.

Heck yeah! Just stained our deck this weekend and wanted a sprayer as I didn't want to do 600 sq ft by hand. Home Depot's cheapest was still $90. Found a sprayer at HF that worked just as well for $20 - with the 20% coupon, it was $16!!

Best part, the local store is 5 minutes from the house.

I have found many different magnet clips, hooks and containers at The Container Store. There are retail stores and an on-line presence. I even won a $50 gift card for my suggestions of using various magnetic products in our cruise cabin!

Thanks for the info & congratulations on winning the gift card..

Edited by serendipity1499