birth certificate for passport

firstcruiseyeah

UPDATE!!! My husband and I just received our passports today, using my birth certificate that didn't have my parents name on it but did have an embossed stamp. So, I guess they will take that type of birth certificate. Thank goodness we didn't have to mess with re-sending anything :)

That's great...what a relief!

In 2004 I applied for my first passport along with my wife and eight year old son. We were all born in Northern New Jersey and traveled to the Bergen County courthouse to have the three applications processed. Three weeks later my wife and sons passport arrived. My application was returned to me and I was advised that there was a problem with my birth certificate because I was born in a hospital that was closed years ago in Jersey City, New Jersey and that there was widespread fraud in the Hudson County Board Of Health Office where the original birth certificate was processed. I drove to the State Of New Jersey Office Of Vital Statistics in Trenton, New Jersey to get a state issued birth certificate. Because I was born in 1957 and the records were on microfilm I had to wait approximately two weeks for the new certificate to arrive. Once I received the new certificate I sent it back and received my passport approximately three weeks later.

UPDATE!!! My husband and I just received our passports today, using my birth certificate that didn't have my parents name on it but did have an embossed stamp. So, I guess they will take that type of birth certificate. Thank goodness we didn't have to mess with re-sending anything :)

Yay!! So glad it worked out for you.