Helicopter Tour (Shore Excursion) In Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Hi all! We booked our second cruise for July 28th, 2006 aboard Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas and I can't wait. My first cruise was last year on Carnival's Paradise vessel for my 16th birthday, and this one is for my graduation / 18th birthday. Anyhow, I was looking at shore excursions (270 days in advance LOL) and found the St. Thomas Helicopter tour. I was wondering if anyone else had been on this tour and could give me some more information like if you enjoyed it, how many people where on the helicopter with you, how long the ride was, etc. Thanks a bunch, and happy cruisin'! :)

- Chris

I did the helicopter tour in St.Thomas a couple years ago & highly recommend it. There were six passengers plus the pilot. I got lucky & got to sit shotgun up front next to the pilot. The views are awesome. I took probably 30 pics. The flight is pretty short - I think about 15-20 minutes but they take you over the whole island & you can even see St. John's & Tortola in the distance. If you've never been on a helicopter before the ride is a little strange at first but you get used to it. I strongly recommend booking early - space is very limited & they usually sell out. Have fun on your cruise - you'll love Explorer!

We did the helicopter tour of St. Thomas back in March 2004, and really enjoyed it. There were 5 passengers on our flight, and it lasted around 20 minutes or so. Great views and very much worth the money, in our opinion.

There are some pictures from this excursion at the link below:

http://www.kennydrew.com/St%20Thomas.htm

~ Kenny

Archived