Should we book a Vista Suite on the Diamond?

notjaded

The Vista Suites are very nice with a good sized balcony with two teak lounge chairs and a table and four chairs. The balcony is also fully covered. There is a beam but it really isn't that much of an issue. The Dolphin deck Vistas have a slightly larger balcony and less wake noise so I would recommend one on Dolphin deck. We really like the wake view and there is also a partial view to the side. Breakfast in Sabatini's is a nice perk along with the minibar and free laundry. There is a significant up charge so only you can determine if it is worth it to you. Mini-suites have the sitting area and the shower in the tub and that is almost a nice as the suites except for the luxurious bath in the suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you. I read that some have experienced some negative odors on the balcony there. Any such experience such as that?

We've been in Vista suites on Dolphin deck once on the Sapphire (sister ship to the Diamond) Princess and multiple times on the Ruby Princess and have never had any odors.

Thank you. I read that some have experienced some negative odors on the balcony there. Any such experience such as that?

We typically sail in vistas on Caribe or Dolphin deck and have never experienced any odor. We just love the vistas for their aft location and generous amount of room, with the deep balconies.

We had an aft-facing suite on Emerald Deck on the Diamond this year. We did not experience any undesirable odors. Occasionally in the late afternoon there were aromas from kitchen, but it was not unpleasant.

We were on the Crown in May/June in a deck 8 Vista suite. We could smell cigarettes from the starboard aft smoking area at times, but not enough to really complain about. It wasn't a regular problem. I'll always cruise at least Vista if I'm on Princess. It was a fantastic room, even if the steward wasn't the greatest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app