What's For Dinner

Angieinny

Hello, It's me again :)

It seems to me that some people know what is being served in the formal dining rooms and other spots, like the Horizon Court on CB.

Any way we can get an idea of what is being served in the dining rooms and buffet spots on the ship BEFORE we cruise??? I don't want to miss seafood nights and lobster nights. Also, a big lamb fan will be amongst our group so we want to be sure to be where it is being served.

How do we know what is being served in the different dining options? All 12 of us are doing PC dining.

Thank you!!!!

Ang

Angie... what ship?

Also, if all 12 of you are doing PC dining, be aware that you could experience delays being seated if you want to eat together. You also can't make a reservation from between 6 - 8PM. With a group of 12, you'll most likely be able to get 3 tables of 4 or 2 tables of 6 and probably not near each other.

Recently, another CC member had a group and was very disappointed with PC dining because they expected to be able to walk into the dining room and be seated together whenever they showed up. It's unlikely you could do that at a popular restaurant at home... and it's unlikely in PC dining unless you set up a specific reservation.

Any way we can get an idea of what is being served in the dining rooms and buffet spots on the ship BEFORE we cruise??? I don't want to miss seafood nights and lobster nights. Also, a big lamb fan will be amongst our group so we want to be sure to be where it is being served.

How do we know what is being served in the different dining options? All 12 of us are doing PC dining.

Both PC and Traditional have the same menus and what ever is being served in the dining rooms is usually available in the Horizon Court. We always eat late and have gone to the Horizon for a snack and have seen what is on the evenings menu.

I would also advise the meals served on previous cruises on particular nights would not necessarily be the same for yours. I know one cruise we were on (12 days) they served the lobster second night out. Even our waiter was surprised. Guess there was a concerned it might spoil is the only reason I believe we saw it that early in the cruise.

Hello, It's me again :)

It seems to me that some people know what is being served in the formal dining rooms and other spots, like the Horizon Court on CB.

Thank you!!!!

Ang

I'm not sure which ship you have booked on, but take a look at your ship's floor plan. For example, if you look at the floor plan of the Sapphire Princess' PC dining rooms, you'll see that there are only ONE table for 10 at the far end of each PC dining room. So for your party of 12, you are likely to be seated at 2 separate tables. I know it's hard to coordinate 12 people to eat at a certain time, but I would recommend that you make reservation for 2 tables (likely 2 tables for 6) side by side as soon as you board the ship by calling D.I.N.E. (ship's concierge). You'll be allowed to make reservation for 3 nights at a time, I believe. You can make reservation for either 6pm or 8pm and nothing in between. You can go up to the PC dining rooms at 7pm and see if you can get 2 tables next to each other, but the chance of that is slim. So be prepared that all 12 of you won't be able to be seated together. The table for 10 was crowded for the 10 of us (4 of whom are small children--2 were in highchairs), so it will not fit 12 people at that table.

I've posted the dinner menus from the Sapphire Princess. But for all Princess' 7-day cruises, the best meals are served on formal nights. For the Caribbean itinerary, every night is a seafood night! There are always seafood dishes on every dinner menu no matter where you cruise on the Princess.

Menus are posted outside the dining rooms hours before dinner actually begins, so you can check out the menus and decide where you want to eat. But the dining rooms definitely serve up better lamb dishes than the Horizon Court (buffet). Lamb chops are served at lunch in the dining room one of the first few days, so check the lunch menus too.

You have 5 different dining options: traditional seating (early and late) in the International dining room; PC dining (anytime dining) in one of the PC dining rooms. With these 2 dining options, everyone gets the same dinner menu whether you eat in one of the PC dining rooms or in the International Dining room. The third dining option is the buffet in the Horizon Court. The buffet menu is entirely different than the dining room menu and it changes throughout the night as well depending on availability. The fourth dining option is room service or balcony dinners. The 5th dining option is to eat at specialty restaurants: Sabatini's or Sterling's. Both require extra fee to eat at these restaurants. Of course, if you eat before 6pm, you can try the pizza or the grill for hamburgers and hotdogs.

On embarkation day, there are tables set up outside Sabbatini's for passengers to make reservations for the specialty restaurants -- they always have the menus there and are a great source for which nights are which in the DRs, so you can make your reservations based on that information. There's no reason you can't stop by there, even if you aren't making specialty reservations. By the way, if the specialty restuarants interest you, it's always a good idea to reserve early in your cruise -- the reservations fill up fast, even though a lot of people dpn't show up and I don't think there is any penalty for that.

Archived