Fresh from Alaska Solstice Review

BecciBoo

I prefer Hubbard which is 3 times larger than this little glacier but it was neat to get that one. If they offer the catamaran there we'll be on it.

Here is a waterfall in Ford's Terror, note the color of the water...so gorgeous...

1z3qu0j.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

So sorry to hear about so many getting sick! This exact same thing happened to us on our 2014 Alaskan cruise on the Crown Princess. My husby started with a cold along with the wife of another couple in our group. Then we all began to fall like dominoes. I remember thinking that being sick in bed with a view from my aft balcony was the nicest "sicko" scenery I could have had. A couple had severe bronchitis and 2 had pneumonia by the time everyone got back home. One of the reasons I came back to Alaska this year was to go on the excursions I had missed from 2014. Whew! Made it unscathed this time! Get well everyone! Keeping my fingers crossed I can remain healthy for our Canada New England cruise next month. BecciBoo--got a short video of that calving too! So amazing!

Thank God it chose to rear its ugly head on Thursday evening. I didn't miss a thing of the cruise, but the flight home was H E double Toothpicks!:eek:

I think we are feeling good today, just lingering lack of energy. Just vacuumed the house, think I'll have to go lay down now:o

I also had a respiratory infection when we returned but I thought it might be from the YVR to Houston flight where I sat beside a lady who hacked and coughed the entire time. She said it was from an allergy and I really did feel sorry for her. It finally started clearing up yesterday.We had a great time and I now understand why everyone says that their Alaskan cruise was the best ever. Our first time cruisers were impressed with Celebrity as well as the other couple who had only cruised Carnival and said that there was no comparison and will probably cruise with Celebrity again. Looking forward to the rest of your review and pics to see what we missed. It was nice meeting you and the rest of the roll call crew at the CC meeting and at the slot pull which was a lot of fun. Happy Sailing !

Sent from my iPad using Forums