Suite Specialty Restaurant Reservations

cruisewmn

We're staying in a Royal Suite on Reflection and are wondering if there is any way to make specialty dining reservations before the cruise without paying a fee (unlimited specialty dining is included with the suite)?

Last year, we waited until we got the email from the concierge a few days before the cruise, but he failed to make any of the requested reservations and almost everything was booked by the time we got onboard. I'd like to make reservations well in advance, if possible. Is there a number to call or email address for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cruisewmn

We're staying in a Royal Suite on Reflection and are wondering if there is any way to make specialty dining reservations before the cruise without paying a fee (unlimited specialty dining is included with the suite)?

Last year, we waited until we got the email from the concierge a few days before the cruise, but he failed to make any of the requested reservations and almost everything was booked by the time we got onboard. I'd like to make reservations well in advance, if possible. Is there a number to call or email address for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed in the PH (May 2016) and the onshore concierge phoned us a couple of weeks prior to sailing.

We made all of our specialty dining reservations (venues and times) during the phone call. When we embarked, we wanted a few adjustments and the Butler then handled the tweaks.

Heather

Both.

You will get a call from a shoreside Concierge asking if you need any help. Make sure to have your selections (date/restaurant/time) ready to make it easier for them. You don't need a reservation for Luminae as that is open seating.

Also, if you have any special occasion make them aware of that as well.

You are also entitled to 2 liter bottles of liquor in your cabin and you can specify what brand you want (they usually put Absolut for vodka , and I always ask for Ketel One instead without a problem).

If there is anything you want stocked in the fridge let them know. My husband drinks diet pepsi like crazy and I like to have a couple cans of tonic for evening cocktails.

Ask for the name of the MC Concierge so that you know who you will be dealing with once on board.

When you get on board have a copy of your specialty restaurant selections for the MC Concierge to confirm for you (or your butler). If anything in your cabin that you have requested is not there have your butler or the MCC take care of it for you.

There's a suite phone line in Miami that can book dates and times in advance and they have access to time slots not availabel for normal on-line advance booking, Or else otherwise get the concierge to do it. If you e-mail in advance, they will pick you up in Michael's Bar when embarking and work down the list of whatever you've asked for.

• 1 month later...

I'm the OP and wanted to give an update on pre-cruise reservations. We're in a Royal Suite sailing in December on Reflection. To my surprise, I received an email from Shoreside Concierge Edwin --at the beginning of October -- asking if we had an requests. Our reservations for specialty dining are booked and it feels great knowing that everything is set for our cruise. Sending Celebrity (and Edwin) a big thank you for reaching out to guests earlier. Great customer service!

I'm the OP and wanted to give an update on pre-cruise reservations. We're in a Royal Suite sailing in December on Reflection. To my surprise, I received an email from Shoreside Concierge Edwin --at the beginning of October -- asking if we had an requests. Our reservations for specialty dining are booked and it feels great knowing that everything is set for our cruise. Sending Celebrity (and Edwin) a big thank you for reaching out to guests earlier. Great customer service!

I'm sailing a month earlier than you and I still haven't been contacted???:confused:

The snag with pre booking all your speciality dining pre cruise is you have not then looked at the Luminae menus...

We pre book first night with the shore side concierge (and any special occasions if we have them). We then ask the Michael's Club host for copies of the Luminae menus day by day...these arrive in our room early evening, we will browse them the morning of day two and then draft our provisional dining plan with times and give it to our butler to sort. We will make an odd change via the butler or M'D if we need to.

We do love the specialities and although we do find the Luminae menu a little restricted some evenings there are some items we have really enjoyed. This way we avoid Luminae on days when we don't particularly fancy the offerings but visit when we do!

I am not in a suite and would like to buy the UDP. I realize it can only be purchased onboard if space is available. Can I make reservations online for each night and pay by my credit card. Then switch over to the UDP onboard?