Barcelona on Monday

Mura

Orchestrapal,

I'd have written privately if I could have!

I was just checking around my file for our upcoming trip and discovered your comment about the Modern Art Museum in Barcelona for our Monday morning arrival. Thank you so much! I'm not a fan of modern art per se but this sounds like something we'd like to do on arrival day!

Mura

I was just checking around my file for our upcoming trip and discovered your comment about the Modern Art Museum in Barcelona for our Monday morning arrival. Thank you so much! I'm not a fan of modern art per se but this sounds like something we'd like to do on arrival day

Your comments suggests you already know the hours for the Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art. However, before lots of people start warning you posting replies that museums in Europe are closed on Mondays, the Barcelona museum is closed on Tuesdays and open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

In spite of your lukewarm feelings about modern art, I recommend you join a public tour in the museum or rent headsets. I spent over a dozen years as a volunteer tour guide at the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden in Washington, DC, a modern art museum where many people walk through the door sharing your attitude. Hearing someone explain why the art on display is museum-worthy may not make you like the art any more, but it certainly gives you some tools for understanding it better.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Your comments suggests you already know the hours for the Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art. However, before lots of people start warning you posting replies that museums in Europe are closed on Mondays, the Barcelona museum is closed on Tuesdays and open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

In spite of your lukewarm feelings about modern art, I recommend you join a public tour in the museum or rent headsets. I spent over a dozen years as a volunteer tour guide at the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden in Washington, DC, a modern art museum where many people walk through the door sharing your attitude. Hearing someone explain why the art on display is museum-worthy may not make you like the art any more, but it certainly gives you some tools for understanding it better.

I totally agree!

I love art and visit art museums here in NYC and whenever I travel. However modern art often leaves me cold. But on those occasions when I have joined a tour it has added immensely to my appreciation and enjoyment. Perspective is so important and a good guide can really bring that in.

Enjoy!