Help us pick our 2018 cruise

ApoJacks

My wife and I are going on our first Carnival cruise next month (Dream on October 30th), and we are really anticipating on enjoying it. In fact, we plan on booking our 2017 cruise for June of 2017 while we are aboard, we want to do a second Western Caribbean cruise, this time visiting Jamaica, Grand Cayman Island, and Cozumel for my wife's birthday. She also wants to take advantage of any great savings we might get and book a cruise for my birthday in April of 2018. I am now trying to figure out where exactly we should go. We've done Eastern Caribbean on RCI, we were thinking of possibly southern Caribbean. Thoughts?

What I always do is pick the approx months, length I want and go low to high. Then I narrow it by taking our the cruises with ports I have already been to or if there is an embarkation port I dislike or is more expensive to fly into. That usually gets it down to a few. Then look at what the ships offer as well as the prices. I do prefer the newer ships but will not frown at the older ones if the price is right.

Favorite room so far is inside w/walkway view window at the bow of the ship. Try to get nearest to the middle(the 2 middle ones are bigger then the outer ones in that category and there is a balcony right around the corner).

So there you go, those are my thoughts

I think the Sunshine, Conquest, and the Vista are doing Southern Caribbean's that month. I heard bad things about La Romana so I wouldn't pick one over the other because it has an extra port. We were planning this vacation, but changed our minds as our dates changed, but I know the Navigator sometimes does the 9 Day Southern from Miami to the ABCs!! Otherwise, look towards Puerto Rico for more S. Caribbean options..

FYI, booking onboard with Carnival doesn't have reduced deposits. I'm sure that turns away a lot of people compared to cruise lines that offered reduced deposits...