Seats with EZ-Check

Regan

Is there any way to keep our booked seats with the airline when using this program? We love the convenience of getting our luggage home without the hassle, and we have used EZ-Check several times when returning home from Ft Lauderdale. Each time when we get our airline boarding passes back from the cruise line, our seats have been changed from the original ones we booked with the airline. Any advice?

Is there any way to keep our booked seats with the airline when using this program? We love the convenience of getting our luggage home without the hassle, and we have used EZ-Check several times when returning home from Ft Lauderdale. Each time when we get our airline boarding passes back from the cruise line, our seats have been changed from the original ones we booked with the airline. Any advice?

We have used EZCheck many times when disembarking in FLL and have never had seat selection modified.

Quite often airlines will change equipment, schedules, flight numbers, etc. a month or two out and selected seats take a hit. All I can suggest is that you be vigilant and proactive when flights change. Even if they don't, check your seats before you leave on your cruise to be sure they're correct.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Like Lew, I've done EZ Check many times and never had a seat changed or any modification to my booked flight. EZ Check checks you in for your flight and prints your luggage tag and boarding pass. It has no access or permission to change a booking.

I always bring an extra copy of my eticket to hand in with my EZ Check form. I use a yellow highlighter on anything that should be brought to the Purser's attention, such as no baggage fee. There's a check box on the form for that but I don't leave anything to chance. The easier you make it for them, the fewer potential problems.

Usually airline seat changes (by random computer selection) are caused by an equipment change (e.g.- A321 to 757) that changes the aircraft seat configuration - at times resulting in poor seats/not being seated together, etc. IMO (and that of Princess) the main problem with Princess EZ Air is timely passenger(s) awareness & control of flight changes. We always use EZ check when available but do stay on top of flight details up through disembarkation day. As Pam suggest - we attach a copy of our flight itinerary to the EZ Check Form with key info highlighted. Never hurts to take that extra step to hopefully avoid problems.