Dress code 14 nt Hawaii Cruise - Infinity

Truffle

Just wondered if anyone recently returned from a 14 night Hawaii cruise could fill us in on the specific order of the nightly dress code? I know that the second night and the second to last night are usually formal, but wondered what nights were informal and the third formal night? Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruise Arizona

What was the schedule for the dress code - Formal, Informal, Casual on which nights???

Contrary to the Website, there were Eight Casual nights, Three Informal, Three Formal. Your routing might be different and would possibly have a different schedule of nights

Sunday-Casual

Monday-Formal

Tuesday-Informal

Wednesday-Casual

Thursday-Informal

Friday- Nawiliwili, Kauai - Casual

Saturday - Honolulu, Oahu - Casual

Sunday - Hilo, Hawaii - Casual

Monday - Kailua Kona, Hawaii - Casual

Tuesday - Lahaina, Maui - Formal, yes Formal on a port Day

Wednesday - Casual

Thursday - Informal

Friday - Formal

Saturday - Casual

Quote:

How rough were the seas?

Sadly (IMO:D ), not rough at all. A lot of folks were cold for the first couple of days after we left San Diego. Those from snow belts weren't. The seas were very, calm on the return to San Diego. We had rain periodically during the last two days.

Quote:

Does any body have the dailies???

They weigh too much. We were going to take pictures but...

Quote:

What kind of Hawaiian entertainment, cultural experiences ect. did they have?

The onboard naturalist, Dirk, gave excellent presentations, both in the theatre and when going past the lava flow. In the Celebrity theatre, the night we were in Honolulu, we were lucky to see a great performance by local Hawaiian dancers, aged from six to early twenties. There was one night on board that was a Hawaiian theme party after the Theatre presentation.

This is me Cruise AZ now:

I was suprised to see they had only 3 informal, I will still pack my three informal dresses and just wear one of them on casual night if that is the case with us.

Personally, on our r/t Summit cruise to Hawaii from LA in March, I hope they only have three informal nights. I love the casual (especially in ports) and formal nights. On informal nights we try and eat in the Normandie Restaurant since the men will be in jackets anyway:D

We are scheduled to leave Maui early (something like 3:00 p.m.) which is why you may have a formal night while supposedly in port (when actually you won't be)

Cruise Arizona,

Thanks so much for posting this. There are 8 of us doing the RT LA-Hawaii in January. We had a get together this past weekend to discuss shore excursions and making reservations in the Normandie. From reading this board, it seemed the best time would be on the way to Hawaii but we didn't want to do it on a Formal night. I had thought that the first Formal night might be the second night out and you confirmed it for me. This schedule will be very helpful.

Sue

Archived