Different Check-in Times / Different Ports

ScottsSweetie

I'm wondering if different ports around the country have differing check-in times.

I'm sailing on the Conquest out of Ft. Lauderdale in November. I believe the staggered check-in begins sometime in October. When I went to the website to choose my check-in time, 12:00-12:30 was the earliest available time. I can't imagine that all of the earlier times were taken, since it was just recently announced and we all know that they don't advertise it very well.

I know that some ports have slots as early as 10:30am. I know that Long Beach doesn't start until 12:00pm.

And this is not a complaint - I had intended to arrive no earlier than 12:30pm anyway. Just curious to know if different ports, or even different ships at the same port, have different beginning times.

I'm wondering if different ports around the country have differing check-in times.

I'm sailing on the Conquest out of Ft. Lauderdale in November. I believe the staggered check-in begins sometime in October. When I went to the website to choose my check-in time, 12:00-12:30 was the earliest available time. I can't imagine that all of the earlier times were taken, since it was just recently announced and we all know that they don't advertise it very well.

I know that some ports have slots as early as 10:30am. I know that Long Beach doesn't start until 12:00pm.

And this is not a complaint - I had intended to arrive no earlier than 12:30pm anyway. Just curious to know if different ports, or even different ships at the same port, have different beginning times.

On the bright side, you could have gotten 2 pm

Edited by First and Ten

We are sailing on the Conquest in April and were able to choose 11:00-11:30am for check in. That was the earliest time available.

When we cruised out of Galveston in March the earliest time was 10:00-10:30am. So it appears there are different starting times at different ports.

So, the line-up seems to be:

10:00am - New Orleans

10:00am - Galveston

10:30am - New York

11:00am - Mobile

11:00am - Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

12:00pm - Long Beach (3 & 4 day cruises)

12:30pm - Long Beach (7 day cruises)

If you have info on other ports or earlier check-in times let's hear it. :)

my point was while 12 noon isn't the first time, you didn't get a later time like 2 pm

Like I said, I'm not complaining. I wasn't trying to get the earliest time. I chose 12:30 because that's when I plan on arriving. And I'm platinum anyway so could get there any time I want. Just curious having seen different times for different ports. Could be helpful for some in making plans for embarkation day.

So, the line-up seems to be:

10:00am - New Orleans

10:00am - Galveston

10:30am - New York

11:00am - Mobile

11:00am - Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

12:00pm - Long Beach (3 & 4 day cruises)

12:30pm - Long Beach (7 day cruises)

If you have info on other ports or earlier check-in times let's hear it. :)

Like I said, I'm not complaining. I wasn't trying to get the earliest time. I chose 12:30 because that's when I plan on arriving. And I'm platinum anyway so could get there any time I want. Just curious having seen different times for different ports. Could be helpful for some in making plans for embarkation day.

I see the issue of "suggested" checkin times as basically worthless. There are a lot of posts on here that posters say "well they don't enforce it so show up anytime you want". If they can get past their own entitlement, they would see that mindset self defeats the purpose. So Carnival is then forced to go to a hard and fast "staggered checkin" like they have done at a handful of ports

Edited by First and Ten