Getaway H6 13302 questions

calidoc2006

Hello!

We have sailed on NCL a couple of times, but this is our first time in a Haven suite (yippee!!). I have been avidly reading the posts even though we are not sailing until March 2017. We initially had booked on 14th floor but didn't want to be right under the Garden Café, so switched to 13302. We are 2 adults and 2 children (ages 9 and 12). I have been reading about the size of the balcony on 13 which is the smallest of the H6s, but is it really that "bad"? We have only previously had regular balcony staterooms, so I feel like this will be big to us no matter what. I was going to try to move to 12304 or 12904 but neither are available for our cruise. I can change to a lower level stateroom (ie, 11306 or lower), but am debating about a couple of things that I would love input on.

First, my kids often do like to spend the evenings in the Splash Academy and on 13, we would only need to walk forward on the same floor to pick them up at night. Second, while we will be spending time in the Haven, my kids are going to want to go on the waterslides, etc on the higher floors so 13302 is closer to these. Also, though we need to walk all the way forward, we are still closer to the Haven on 13 than we would be on 9,10, or 11. I also like the window in the bathroom configuration to get more natural light in the bathroom (so that brings me to 10 or 9 at this point).

However, I am worried about the "smaller" balcony and also about possible noise from Spice H2O at night, although, with young kids, we will be in bed with the doors closed after about 10 or 11pm. Not sure if that mitigates the noise issue or not.

So, after all of this:-), I was wondering on your thoughts - would you stay in 13302 or move to another room lower down? Is the balcony size and/or the noise worth it to move and be a little farther away from some of the more important things to us? Love to hear your thoughts. TIA!!

You can see the exact size of the balcony on deck 13 @ 30 sec in the video below...(it's the identical Breakaway)

MIgo7DFMQBw

and compare it to deck 10 @ 33 sec in the video below...

btI3MShJtus

and compare it to deck 9 (the largest) @ 4:33 in the video below...

f132xZXY5FA

Taking everything into account and your preferences, I'd suggest 9, 12 (not available in your case), then 10. The difference in deck isn't a factor when going to the Haven. It's a walk either way. Assuming that there are no mobility issues, going from deck 10 to deck 13 on foot can be done in 18-21 steps if you skip a step on the stairs. (Don't ask me how I know that. :D). Walking to get the kids from Splash Academy won't be that different on deck 10 vs. 13.

Closing and sealing the balcony door will eliminate 99.44% of the noise from above at night. I made that % up but noise isn't a "problem" with the balcony door closed and kids are trying to sleep.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Hello!

We have sailed on NCL a couple of times, but this is our first time in a Haven suite (yippee!!). I have been avidly reading the posts even though we are not sailing until March 2017. We initially had booked on 14th floor but didn't want to be right under the Garden Café, so switched to 13302. We are 2 adults and 2 children (ages 9 and 12). I have been reading about the size of the balcony on 13 which is the smallest of the H6s, but is it really that "bad"? We have only previously had regular balcony staterooms, so I feel like this will be big to us no matter what. I was going to try to move to 12304 or 12904 but neither are available for our cruise. I can change to a lower level stateroom (ie, 11306 or lower), but am debating about a couple of things that I would love input on.

First, my kids often do like to spend the evenings in the Splash Academy and on 13, we would only need to walk forward on the same floor to pick them up at night. Second, while we will be spending time in the Haven, my kids are going to want to go on the waterslides, etc on the higher floors so 13302 is closer to these. Also, though we need to walk all the way forward, we are still closer to the Haven on 13 than we would be on 9,10, or 11. I also like the window in the bathroom configuration to get more natural light in the bathroom (so that brings me to 10 or 9 at this point).

However, I am worried about the "smaller" balcony and also about possible noise from Spice H2O at night, although, with young kids, we will be in bed with the doors closed after about 10 or 11pm. Not sure if that mitigates the noise issue or not.

So, after all of this:-), I was wondering on your thoughts - would you stay in 13302 or move to another room lower down? Is the balcony size and/or the noise worth it to move and be a little farther away from some of the more important things to us? Love to hear your thoughts. TIA!!

We had an aft penthouse on deck 13 and we did notice any extra noise.

With the door open at night you can hear Spice H20 but with the door closed no issues.

Kerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Meekofigaro