Drinks included in drinks package

tinkertwo

Sept 25, 2016

Is 20% off drink pkg the best deal to pre purchase? Will the pkgs get cheaper as we get closer to sail time Dec 10 2016? We are on Harmony.

Best pre purchase price they've had. Probably not. You can cancel and repurchase if it does go lower all the way up to 3-4 days before the cruise. Best bet is to lock in the price now and watch and see.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your welcome. Another tip for repurchasing is I always make each original purchase an individual transaction (2 drink packages 2 separate purchases). The reason being is anytime you cancel a purchase it cancels all purchases in the transaction and you have to rebuy everything. This means if you cancel your drink package that was purchased with your excursions it will cancel your excursions and you may not be able to rebook everything for the same price or lower. I do our drink packages separate because sometimes my husband decides not to do it later (he only drinks beer & we have diamond perks of free drinks in the evening so sometimes the package just doesn't make sense but I drink frozen so it does) we lock in the lower price but I can cancel one without effecting the other package. If pre-booking ship excursions always book different ports in separate transactions so if you want to cancel one ports excursions before sailing it doesn't cancel all your ports excursions. 20% is a good sale price on the package though. Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just looking for this myself and I swear the PDF i found said the delux package only covered drinks up to $11 a day, despite cocktails costing $12. Was going to ask what's the point of getting the package if it doesn't even cover basic cocktail drinks (hard for me to drink $55 of just beer a day even at cruise ship prices)

I just got off the Allure on Sunday and never paid an upcharge on drinks or wine with the deluxe package. My understanding was that the drinks that are covered are up to $12, but I regulary ordered cocktails priced above $12 and wines above $12. Not saying you won't get charged, but I never did.

Edited by Zou Bisou Bisou

I have just read somewhere that select will be "honoured" until its gone??

how can a lesser package run out? unless they mean until all people in my situation have had their vacation?

that would make sense

is there a difference between Premium and Deluxe?

If you pre-purchased the premium package before the change you will automatically be upgraded to deluxe. Yes, there is a difference, the deluxe is pretty much what the old Ulimate package was. They are no longer offering any alcohol packages except the Deluxe for purchase now.

Does anyone have an example of a cocktail that isn't covered? If I order a non- covered drink, will the bartender tell me upfront?

When we were on Allure at the Rising Tide bar, the "pear martini" was $2 more than the beverage package price and, yes, the bartender informed me of this. If he/she does not inform you before making the drink, he/she will include a receipt for you to sign, so, when you see that it costs more, just refuse it cause he/she should have told you up front.;) BTW, I got the pear martini anyway cause just wanted to taste it!:p It was pretty tasty but not worth the up charge IMO.:rolleyes:

Edited by SilkySal
spelling correction

• 5 months later...