Timing for self-disembark in Barcelona

sunfan03

We're on the Norwegian Epic (soon), which is due to dock on a Sunday in Barcelona at 5 am.

Need some help in timing for self-disembarkation.

What's the earliest we can self-disembark and about how long will the process take?

We're traveling in a larger group and I'm arranging for private transfer, so I'm trying to estimate pick-up time - we have to catch a flight to Rome at 10:10 am.

Please chime in with your experiences!

We're on the Norwegian Epic (soon), which is due to dock on a Sunday in Barcelona at 5 am.

Need some help in timing for self-disembarkation.

What's the earliest we can self-disembark and about how long will the process take?

We're traveling in a larger group and I'm arranging for private transfer, so I'm trying to estimate pick-up time - we have to catch a flight to Rome at 10:10 am.

Please chime in with your experiences!

I have just described my disembark timing in a post - cruise ship to Sants. So as long as the ship is on time, you can disembark any time after 6 am. Sunday morning traffic is a doddle.

If I were arranging for private transfer I would ask them to pick me up at 6.45 am. That should give you ample time - which I always want when I am travelling. You wont have heavy luggage, so self disembarkation will be easy. Just make sure no one in your party makes the mistake of handing in their suitcase :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Just following up with our experience on disembarking in Barcelona.

We docked on the Norwegian Epic on a Sunday and self-disembarked. We left the ship at 6 am and were standing curbside by 6:15 am at the latest...

We're used to having to go through customs (Caribbean and Alaska), so I was anticipating a line, etc...nope, not here. Probably because it's all with the EU.

We had 9 in our party, so I booked a private transfer with suntransfer - we paid for a 13 pax charter, but got a FULL-SIZED coach instead that took us to the airport within 30 minutes. If you have more than 4 people in your party, I highly recommend suntransfer...they were on-time and the coach we had was SPACIOUS for our group...and the rates are super reasonable.

Check-in at the airport (RyanAir to Rome) was quick because we had Business Plus seats (bought tickets earlier and made sure to have AMPLE extra luggage, so we wouldn't have to upgrade ANYTHING when we got to the airport).

Within an hour of leaving the cruise port, we were sitting at our gate. I'm grateful it was an uneventful transfer!

• 6 months later...

Thanks for this. We dock at 6am and have a 10:10am flight. I didn't really think it through when booking and am now worrying I haven't left enough time. Hopefully ours will be as straightforward as yours and we will have an uneventful journey to the airport!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for this. We dock at 6am and have a 10:10am flight. I didn't really think it through when booking and am now worrying I haven't left enough time. Hopefully ours will be as straightforward as yours and we will have an uneventful journey to the airport!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our recent flight from Barca to Luton was at 10.50am and because of that we paid for an expensive ship's transfer. We had to be off the ship by 6am and then wait to load our own bags onto the coach, however, we were still at the airport by 6.40am (the coach parked a distance from the terminal we were using, which was inconvenient for me with dodgy knees) and had a four hour-plus wait (almost 5 hours by the time we took off).

I spoke to a family at the airport cafe, and they self disembarked at 7am and had no trouble getting to the airport by taxi for a similarly-timed flight.

Obviously, you have to weigh up the pros and cons but, if we were to finish a cruise in Barcelona again, we would self disembark (as we have done in the past, or, stayed on a couple of days). But, yes, it is always best to take into account the airport process so as not to leave you in a panic! :D