Getaway 9/18 - 9/25

PhillyTravelBug

Curious. what was wrong with the water on The Getaway? DH has this crazy sensitivity to water changes. He does not drink fountain drinks for that reason. Soda has to be in a can. Anyway what is going on with the water?

Absolutely nothing. With so much fuss about the ban of carry on water, I bought the filtered bottle to fill. It was meant to carry on the excursions. There is nothing wrong with the water. It tastes better than the water out of my faucet at home.

Curious. what was wrong with the water on The Getaway? DH has this crazy sensitivity to water changes. He does not drink fountain drinks for that reason. Soda has to be in a can. Anyway what is going on with the water?

I am very sensitive to water. I can't drink the water at restaurants at the beach town here at that's three hours from home. It makes me vomit and have bathroom issues.

I drink a ton of water everyday and had no problem at all with the water on the Getaway. I drank water with every meal, filled up my bottle with the water in The Haven courtyard (using a cup for sanitary reasons) and drank a ton of water in the thermal spa.

Never had even a small stomach ache.

I was on the same trip as you and love seeing your review. We enjoyed everything as well. We were lucky to be in the Haven and loved every minute of that. I was also on the Getaway a couple years ago and want to try other ships as well.

Any Haven hints for a first timer? Just my husband and I going for anniversary celebration....big splurge for us.

LOVED reading your reviews and seeing your pix....and totally agree on the Philly cheese steak toppings....lol Have to look into this Little French Key. We booked our excursions though Costco, so not sure if they have that offered. Totally going to recheck for it. TY again!!

Any Haven hints for a first timer? Just my husband and I going for anniversary celebration....big splurge for us.

LOVED reading your reviews and seeing your pix....and totally agree on the Philly cheese steak toppings....lol Have to look into this Little French Key. We booked our excursions though Costco, so not sure if they have that offered. Totally going to recheck for it. TY again!!

My pleasure and please tell us all about the Haven.

Thanks for a great review!! I appreciate all the photos!! I know how long it takes to put these reviews together so thanks for taking the time. We will be on the Getaway on January 2 in a Spa balcony cabin. We really enjoyed the spa on the Epic so looking forward to similar on the Getaway! Your review has increased the anticipation levels :):D Thanks again!!

Jerry

We are also going to Little French Key; have heard fantastic things about it. You would actually book it directly through the island itself. If you go please let me know what you think since we will be going the week after :)

Of course there was the sales pitch at the end. I don't know what got into me, but I did end up buying an overpriced cream for my face.

If you write, "No sales pitch, please," or the like on your paperwork before your message, you do not have to go through that awkwardness. I read that tip here on CC and it works like a charm!

Great review, love all the pictures!

If you write, "No sales pitch, please," or the like on your paperwork before your message, you do not have to go through that awkwardness. I read that tip here on CC and it works like a charm!

Great review, love all the pictures!

I wish I would have thought of that at the time. The sales pitch sort of took the relaxation part out of the massage. Great tip for next time!

• 5 months later...
Thanks for a great review!! I appreciate all the photos!! I know how long it takes to put these reviews together so thanks for taking the time. We will be on the Getaway on January 2 in a Spa balcony cabin. We really enjoyed the spa on the Epic so looking forward to similar on the Getaway! Your review has increased the anticipation levels :):D Thanks again!!

Jerry

I was browsing this for memories and hope you enjoyed your cruise as well. I'm getting an itch for a cruise but this year is a New England vacation to the other halfs vacation home and a trip to Atlantis with my side. Next years tax return is going for a deposit for a European cruise.