Getaway 9/18 - 9/25

PhillyTravelBug

Thank you for the kind words! I don't believe there were any umbrellas, but there is a ton of shade to lay under. Whether it be in a lounger or hammock, there is a ton of shade.

Love your review. My dh just asked me if I ever found out about the umbrellas from you lol. Iv been busy at work and just seeing this now. Thanks so much. Im going to book tomorrow at work for both my February and July cruise.

Also, having the Spa and Haven did you find you were trying to utilize bithh equally since paying a premium for Haven but also going to spa?

You are a very handsome and happy looking couple. Thanks for the review and pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, this review is awesome! We are doing this cruise on the Getaway in one month! Your pics and reviews are getting me so excited!

We don't drink either, so I might see about getting an upgrade, so we can at least have a couple of frou frou NA drinks poolside. :)

Enjoy your trip. The build up and anticipation is half the fun. The countdown was at 378 when I booked it and never bought it would arrive, I spent a lot of time on here researching and wanted to do the same for others. Now it's time to save for Norway. It's going to be a long road of saving.

Enjoy your trip. The build up and anticipation is half the fun. The countdown was at 378 when I booked it and never bought it would arrive, I spent a lot of time on here researching and wanted to do the same for others. Now it's time to save for Norway. It's going to be a long road of saving.

How was South Beach? Was it pretty loud at night? We ended up booking a bit further up the beach, more mid-Miami Beach area, just to get away from the potential noise...

Also, how much was your Uber to the port?

Loved your review!! Mainly because DH and I were on the same sailing!!

It was great to hear how your experiences were the same/different than ours. I thought about the Thermal Spa passes but we chose Vibe instead and even splurged on a cabana. But if we are fortunate to go again, you have convinced me the Thermal Spa is a must!

Thanks for taking the time to write your review! Sounds like you had a fab time as did we!

Awesome trip report. Thanks for sharing. I was on the same itinerary from 9/4-11/2016, and I have been in major cruise withdrawal ever since. I had a spa balcony with access to the thermal suite, and I'm glad more folks don't go there. It's definitely an excellent place to escape the crowds.

We were in a mini suite. I can only dream of the Haven.

I can upgrade to a spa suite for about $250. Would you suggest this for teo women...my mom and me, or do you think the spa cabin would be fine? Is the cabin much bigger? I have a cabin that has an angled balcony.

Thanks.

I can upgrade to a spa suite for about $250. Would you suggest this for teo women...my mom and me, or do you think the spa cabin would be fine? Is the cabin much bigger? I have a cabin that has an angled balcony.

Thanks.

which spa balcony has a angled balacony?

we are in a spa balacony and keeping eye on price of mini, people say more storage and larger bathroom, double sink and lovely shower which sounds lovely!!

we are in a spa balacony and keeping eye on price of mini, people say more storage and larger bathroom, double sink and lovely shower which sounds lovely!!

It's nice. Double sink... walk in shower with 6 sprayer jets.

To upgrade to a spa for $220 and you get the thermal spa and bigger bathroom. Sounds good to me. Do you get to pick the room?

We are fist time cruisers and have to say that the Getaway was a blast for us. I have no other ship to compare it to but we ran up to the top to see us leave the port and we had already left. We did not even know it. We did not do any specialty dining and had great meals anywhere we chose to go. I thought the buffet had lots of great choices and they changed things daily. There where things that where always there like pizza, hot dogs and burgers for the kids. We mostly did buffet for breakfast and afternoon snacks.You have to go to breakfast around 830 -900 and see the good morning song! I wanted to do dining room at night, I wanted someone to wait on me for a change! It was great. We did get very luck and won the raffle for the senior staff dinner. It was fabulous! We met the Chief Officer and the Senior Officer from the Spa. We had great people at the table. Got to scuba dive at 3 of the 4 ports. Did some shopping. I love the Caribbean and being a diver could sway me. I found that getting on and off the ship was well organized. Our room steward was great got us anything we needed. Also went to art auction hmmmmm that was an education in itself. Did bingo that was fun at little costly but I don't often play so I do not what it really costs. The burn the floor show was great. Million Dollar Quartet was fabulous a MUST SEE!!! My only complaints were the elevators were slow but you got 4 thousand people trying to use them. So we mostly used the stairs but after all the food we should have anyway LOLO! The pool is small but there was more than one. We did have fun on the slides and did the rope course and walked the plank. Unfortunately for us the camera was not working on the plank that day. Had fun playing mini golf. The pool area was loud but if like party and dancing it was for you. You could find a quiet place if you wanted on deck 16 or 17. All and all we had a great time and my husband wants to know when we are going back out on a cruise. Looking for one now!!!!

Thanks. Would you upgrade for $250?

My mom and I do fine in a "regular" sized balcony but little extra room would be nice.

The spa looks amazing, cannot wait!