Planning a Birthday party- Need Ideas

Herbaltees

My family and I are traveling together on a cruise this fall. My son's birthday also happens to fall within this time. I wanted to have a small celebration for him, but Carnival's event package is way too expensive. You must buy a beverage service which at a minimum is $9pp which amounts to well over $450 for our group.

My thought is to have everyone meet for a pizza and ice cream social. Are we able to order a couple of pies of pizza from the pizza station ahead of time? I know we can order a cake from bon voyage, but the size is way to small for our group? Can we order one of the larger event size cakes? Can we bring packaged cookies, chocolate chips etc for our own sundae bar?

What other ideas do you have? -TIA

It can't hurt to ask. They can only say no. But, with 50 people in your group, two pizzas certainly are not going to cover it! Two pizzas would feed four people, eight tops if they only have one slice (the slices are thin so we always have two each). Anyway, I'm not sure that they have the man power to make the number of pizzas that you would need, much less the storage space for that many pizzas at once.

What about having a celebration at home before you sail? Or do as the other person suggests and order cake and appetizers for the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did you book as a group? There are perks, such as a cocktail party (I know you want a kid's Bday party, so maybe you could make changes) if you book enough cabins as a group. There should at least be enough OBC to cover the beverage service with a group booking.

It wouldn't hurt to give group bookings a call and ask.

Edited by VASOXFANN

Thanks for the replies. We are a group, but did not receive any amenity points for our sailing. So we don't qualify for the cocktail party.

Thanks to the person who said the pizza station probably doesn't have the space to store that many pies. I didn't think of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My family and I are traveling together on a cruise this fall. My son's birthday also happens to fall within this time. I wanted to have a small celebration for him, but Carnival's event package is way too expensive. You must buy a beverage service which at a minimum is $9pp which amounts to well over $450 for our group.

My thought is to have everyone meet for a pizza and ice cream social. Are we able to order a couple of pies of pizza from the pizza station ahead of time? I know we can order a cake from bon voyage, but the size is way to small for our group? Can we order one of the larger event size cakes? Can we bring packaged cookies, chocolate chips etc for our own sundae bar?

What other ideas do you have? -TIA

I'm planning an event as well. Where did you find pricing or other detailed Carnival event package information? Did you have to contact them?

I do have a TA but am doing some research on my own as well.

Thanks