Infinity Deck 9 AQ Cabins

gsu_paintballer

Are there any issues with noise in these? We upgraded to AQ due to falling prices, as we've only stayed in AQ previously and we enjoy Blu.

However, this time we had to go for a GTY cabin, which we've never done. Per the TA, we can change once the room is assigned if something else is available.

At this point, my only concern would be pool deck noise. Has anyone been in these cabins and experienced that?

Some noise from above particularly where the sliding door separates the indoor pool from outdoor pool but it wasn't horrible and was only at certain times of day. Not much at night.

Our greatest disappointment is the pool deck overhang that creates a cave feeling on the balcony. We like to look up at stars and moon.

Edited by sbrayr

We were in 9045 on the Infinity and had some problems with dragging and thumping sounds from the deck above. At one point, we could hear a very loud party up on deck but it quieted down by 11 so it wasn't that big a problem. I wouldn't book the cabin again but it wasn't bad enough to complain.

Are there any issues with noise in these? We upgraded to AQ due to falling prices, as we've only stayed in AQ previously and we enjoy Blu.

However, this time we had to go for a GTY cabin, which we've never done. Per the TA, we can change once the room is assigned if something else is available.

At this point, my only concern would be pool deck noise. Has anyone been in these cabins and experienced that?

We always bring along soft earplugs, just in case of noise in cruise ship cabins or hotel rooms.

Even in an otherwise quiet, carefully selected room in a good location, sometimes you may hear noisy neighbors or crying babies, or loud drunks in the hallway, or kids running up and down.

We have even heard loud thumping noises on the ceiling from kids in the room above us running and jumping.

(That is, we guessed they were kids as we heard them but did not see them. ;) )

Good luck on your cabin assignment, but if you get assigned an A2 on deck 9, try to move to the area that ghstudio recommended, if you can.

Edited by varoo

We always bring along soft earplugs, just in case of noise in cruise ship cabins or hotel rooms.

Even in an otherwise quiet, carefully selected room in a good location, sometimes you may hear noisy neighbors or crying babies, or loud drunks in the hallway, or kids running up and down.

We have even heard loud thumping noises on the ceiling from kids in the room above us running and jumping.

(That is, we guessed they were kids as we heard them but did not see them. ;) )

Good luck on your cabin assignment, but if you get assigned an A2 on deck 9, try to move to the area that ghstudio recommended, if you can.

Thanks for the advice, we'll keep an eye on it and call ASAP when we get the assignment.

I forgot about the overhang, but my wife said that wasn't an issue for her so I guess we're good to do. Good point about it blocking the rain if that comes up.

The pool deck is above you and when picking a cabin, I recommend checking out what is above your cabin.

We had an AQ cabin on deck 9 that was under a small building on the pool deck where towels and supplies were stored. There was little noise from above, except one night high winds blew around some of the furniture on the pool deck. However, it was not a huge problem and did not last long.