Anyone get off the Getaway on 9/25?

MIRsMOM

Hi - I am getting on the Getaway next Sunday, 10/2. I know the Margaritaville is very, very new on the Getaway so if anyone has just gotten off I have two questions: (1) does Margaritaville serve breakfast? free or charge? (2) Are the margaritas included in the UBP?

I also have a couple of questions about Vibe -(1) Do you buy the pass at Guest Services or at Vibe? Everything on cruise critic says to buy at Guest Services. The NCL Rep on the phone told me to go directly to Vibe. (2) I see on here that people don't like that Vibe closes early. But again, NCL rep told me it stays open until 11pm. If anyone just got off, do you know?

Lastly, we are taking our 10 year old son. Hoping for at least a few other kids. Anyone who cruised this week - did you notice many kids?

Thanks!!

I haven't sailed the Getaway yet, but the unanimous word is that you can use the UBP at Margaritaville and that Vibe passes are purchased at guest services. I'm less certain about the other two questions, but I'm fairly sure that Vibe closes closer to sunset than 11pm. Sounds like you've been misinformed, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey there! We will be on the same cruise and are wondering the same thing about Margaritaville. Would love to know if we can get breakfast there.

Hi - I am getting on the Getaway next Sunday, 10/2. I know the Margaritaville is very, very new on the Getaway so if anyone has just gotten off I have two questions: (1) does Margaritaville serve breakfast? free or charge? (2) Are the margaritas included in the UBP?

I also have a couple of questions about Vibe -(1) Do you buy the pass at Guest Services or at Vibe? Everything on cruise critic says to buy at Guest Services. The NCL Rep on the phone told me to go directly to Vibe. (2) I see on here that people don't like that Vibe closes early. But again, NCL rep told me it stays open until 11pm. If anyone just got off, do you know?

Lastly, we are taking our 10 year old son. Hoping for at least a few other kids. Anyone who cruised this week - did you notice many kids?

Thanks!!

Thanks!![/quote

I sailed the Getaway on 9/18 and it wasn't open the entire week, they were finishing the remodel and training staff.

I didn't get Vibe either purchase at Guest Services or headliners.

Yes kids on board, if younger than yours please please be consider early dinner.

Many children get fussy after 7 pm and lots of screaming and crying.

Yikes, I thought Vibe purchase was in Headliners...gggrrrr

I am sailing on Getaway in February and I'm sure it will change again but maybe I am getting it mistaken with Escape.

I am sure someone that has recently purchased will be able to help. I'm also interested now in this answer.

Thanks!!

Don't have all the answers to your questions, but last I heard Vibe passes are still purchased at Guest Services on the Getaway. On Escape they are sold at Headliners. $99pp for the week and pretty sure kids aren't allowed

There are quite a few home-school groups going on this cruise (don't know the exact number) so there should be plenty of kids your son's age on board.

Please join our roll call to meet some of our fellow cruisers: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2147274

See you Sunday :D

Margaritaville wasn't open last week. They finished the remodel during the week and staff was training. We did the behind the scenes tour and saw staff in the uniforms for there. I had thought about getting Vibe passes but then did an upsell to Haven so then there was no need. I didn't notice too much activity going on in Vibe either.

Thanks!!

We got off the ship on 9/25 and Margaritaville wasn't open as another poster mentioned. I was bummed because we really enjoyed Flamingo Grill and are fine with changes but to not have either was disappointing.

We purchased Vibe passes and a cabana. I went to guest services once I was on board and got them there. Vibe's bar closed at 7 p.m. each night but we could be up there until 11 p.m. They told us we were more than welcome to bring drinks up from another bar. I'm really happy we purchased Vibe. It was quiet, saw only a handful of people all week, the chairs were comfy, the cabana was very peaceful and private, and the attendants were amazing all week. I am not an early riser on a cruise so the thought of having to "secure" pool deck loungers does not appeal to me. Neither does the idea of laying one inch from the person next to me. If we wanted noise, music, activity... we would head to the main pool. But for quiet chats, reading, napping... Vibe was our go to! Enjoy your cruise!