Carnival hub app

Jamericannn

Have any of you ever used it?

Is it worth paying for?

I need it mainly ttoicatate wihfamily eembers seeing that will be six of us cruising. Just wondering if it is worth paying for seeing that it will cost $5pp x 7days =$35+tax times 6 = $215+ tax

My keyboard is acting up so there are a lot of typos in that message. I was saying I need it to communicate with family

I thought it was $5 per cruise, not $5 per day.

Isn't the social media plan $5 per day?

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The link you sent says $5 per day. I took the quote below from the website:

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Does not include access to other websites or apps.

My keyboard is acting up so there are a lot of typos in that message. I was saying I need it to communicate with family

& I wrote that your price quote was off.

10qe9ew.jpg[/img]

the social media package is $5 per day. We used that for f-book messenger because our ship didn't have HUB.

HUB is $5 per person and has it's own chat

250pczp.jpg[/img]

Carnival Hub app is a must have. The $5 to text others on ship is also worth it even with it being hit or miss when the signal was weak. Texts would fail and there is not way to know. There is no copy, cut, or paste if you want to resend a message you must re-type it. Our iPhones would vibrate and give an audible alert when a message or notification was received.

Thank you for this extra helpful information. When a group of us were on the Disney Fantasy 18 months ago, their 'free' onboard messenger app was not anything but perfect as it had no audible notification, plus the vibrating notification was hit and miss. It was also extra important that everyone responded that their actually received the information, as it sounds like you would with the Carnival Hub app.

Can you confirm that when your iPhone was powered on and the app was running in the background, you 'usually' would receive alerts while the screen was 'locked/dark?' Thanks...

Carnival Hub app is a must have. The $5 to text others on ship is also worth it even with it being hit or miss when the signal was weak. Texts would fail and there is not way to know. There is no copy, cut, or paste if you want to resend a message you must re-type it. Our iPhones would vibrate and give an audible alert when a message or notification was received.

We used the free "HUB" app while on the Freedom last week. We did not use the chat function. But it was nice having the "FUNTIMES" available through our phone. It was slow loading at times, & we never could get it to load our S&S account to view our onboard expenses. I think they still have a few kinks to iron out, but it'll be a nice feature once it's running better.

Can you confirm that when your iPhone was powered on and the app was running in the background, you 'usually' would receive alerts while the screen was 'locked/dark?' Thanks...

Yes, we usually received alerts while the screen was 'locked/dark'.

I was very impressed with the mid-tier Wi-Fi service on Conquest last fall...it was fast enough to allow a voice call back to the US using FB messenger. Calling home would otherwise be $2/minute on your stateroom phone. (!)

I'll probably get that for our upcoming cruise ($12/day) to keep in touch with friends at home, and also the Hub app since $5 is cheap, and most of our friends onboard are getting it, too.

We used the hub app w chat and loved it. 4 of us and helped keep in touch especially when plans changed. Was it perfect? No. But did its job most of time and would get it again. And we were the first cruise on the Splendor to have it so I was impressed it worked as well as it did!

Thanks for this, we will be on the Splendor in Feb of 2017. We're sailing with my ds & mother, glad to know we will be able to keep up with each other while on the ship.