one more upsell???..sorry

katfer

On Gem October 23rd with a balcony[bb] I see prices have dropped a lot for this cruise.Have never had a mini suite. Would it be that much better? What about going for aft balcony? ....and do I call upsell line if booked through a travel agency? Does it take commission away from travel agent? What about promo's..have excursions booked and 4 day udp.as this was booked in January.Thanks for your assistance.

On Gem October 23rd with a balcony[bb] I see prices have dropped a lot for this cruise.Have never had a mini suite. Would it be that much better? What about going for aft balcony? ....and do I call upsell line if booked through a travel agency? Does it take commission away from travel agent? What about promo's..have excursions booked and 4 day udp.as this was booked in January.Thanks for your assistance.

I suggest you go through your travel agent, My travel agent is great in fact outstanding she does all of that and even calls us when gets good deals on upsells. I for one don't think Mini suites are all that great, in fact they should not be called mini suites at all. They are just slightly bigger and on the gem the big deal is that they have a tub instead of a shower. My first two cruises were on the Gem and i had an aft balcony and loved it would highly recommend it. If you can i would go for one of those. Good luck

Edited by qtaromar1970

In general, there are two ways of getting a better cabin.

1) Upgrade - I did this earlier this month. I had purchased an inside guarantee with one "free at sea promo" - I got the internet package because the prepaid service charges wasn't an option then. The price on oceanviews went down so I paid $100 to upgrade to an obstructed oceanview. Because I upgraded and paid the "going" price (price it could be booked at per the website), this was an "upgrade" and I lost all previous promos, but got the current promos. So I now received two "free at sea" promos and got the internet package and the prepaid service charges.

2) Upsell - this is when you move to a better cabin at a reduced cost. You don't have to pay the price shown on the website but can get into the better cabin by paying a very small (or not so small) extra charge. When you do an "upsell", you keep the promos that you got when you originally booked and do not get the current promos. If I had done an upsell, I would still have gotten only the one "free at sea" choice even though I am now in an oceanview which would have entitled me to two choices had I booked it new that day instead of getting an "upsell"

In general, there are two ways of getting a better cabin.

1) Upgrade - I did this earlier this month. I had purchased an inside guarantee with one "free at sea promo" - I got the internet package because the prepaid service charges wasn't an option then. The price on oceanviews went down so I paid $100 to upgrade to an obstructed oceanview. Because I upgraded and paid the "going" price (price it could be booked at per the website), this was an "upgrade" and I lost all previous promos, but got the current promos. So I now received two "free at sea" promos and got the internet package and the prepaid service charges.

2) Upsell - this is when you move to a better cabin at a reduced cost. You don't have to pay the price shown on the website but can get into the better cabin by paying a very small (or not so small) extra charge. When you do an "upsell", you keep the promos that you got when you originally booked and do not get the current promos. If I had done an upsell, I would still have gotten only the one "free at sea" choice even though I am now in an oceanview which would have entitled me to two choices had I booked it new that day instead of getting an "upsell"

thank you for this explanation before i did not understand it much now i do..:D