? re: Windsurf with minor mobility issue

Zeno

This question is for previous Wind Surf passengers and it would be especially helpful to hear from someone who has cruised on the Wind Surf with any mobility issue.

First I should be clear that I do not have a major mobility issue. I don't expect to have any significant problems getting on and off the ship when it is in port. I can climb stairs as long as there is a railing of some sort and even short flight without a railng.

My problem - I have had knee replacement surgery that has left me with a lack of flexibility in that leg. Anyone who has had the surgery will know what I mean when I say I only have about 64 degrees on a good day.

My concern is that this might cause me problems when zodiacs are used for tenders and it might also make using the swimming platform difficult. Has anyone with knee flexibility issues tried either on the Wind Surf? Or perhaps you have seen someone with similar issues on the Wind Surf? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Been on Windsurf twice. My spouse has knee problems. The elevators are good. The ship has 2 elevators. We prefer staying near the forward elevator. It gets you up to the food and lounge areas without walking the length of the ship. We also like to be forward of the sea doors which are shut for at least 30 minutes while the ship is docking or leaving a port. The first time we were on the Wimdsurf we were midship level one. We were shut off from using elevators when docking. My recent cruise we were in forward cabin deck one near the forward elevator. It was perfect..and it was the least expensive cabin category. If you look at the deck plans, those cabins are not really very forward. The crew is in the forward section. We only tendered in one port. They used a lifeboat. I have never experienced zodiacs on any Windstar cruise. My spouse chose to not take the tender since the seas were very rough. I went ashore. Tender ride was a thrill. It happens. Do not hesitate to sail on the Windsurf.

Been on Windsurf twice. My spouse has knee problems. The elevators are good. The ship has 2 elevators. We prefer staying near the forward elevator. It gets you up to the food and lounge areas without walking the length of the ship. We also like to be forward of the sea doors which are shut for at least 30 minutes while the ship is docking or leaving a port. The first time we were on the Wimdsurf we were midship level one. We were shut off from using elevators when docking. My recent cruise we were in forward cabin deck one near the forward elevator. It was perfect..and it was the least expensive cabin category. If you look at the deck plans, those cabins are not really very forward. The crew is in the forward section. We only tendered in one port. They used a lifeboat. I have never experienced zodiacs on any Windstar cruise. My spouse chose to not take the tender since the seas were very rough. I went ashore. Tender ride was a thrill. It happens. Do not hesitate to sail on the Windsurf.

Thx Redtravel - very helpful - just the sort of info I wanted! Our cabin is near the aft elevator on level two. I don't mind walking the length of the ship since my problem is pretty strictly flexibility not short walks. We actually wanted forward level one but they were sold out when I booked. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruises - we are really looking forward to this.