Car parking @ Southampton

timbs32

Thanks for the suggestion guys.

Was thinking of maybe using another one of those companies if it was cheaper, but I guess C & PS are the official recommended one, so I feel a bit safer using it.

Parking4cruises is probably cheaper. You meet in the short stay car park opposite the terminal. Hand over your keys. Meet them in the same car park on your return.

We have used them a couple of times, and a few others on here have as well.

Where your car is while you are cruising one doesn't know, but we have not had problems with them

CPS have trimmed the service for two nighters, insofar as you self-park and they do not valet drive your car and give you a receipt for your keys. You park yourself and keep the keys. It is as good as you need and cars get parked close to the ship. Some get parked closer than others so it is an idea to let passengers out near the terminal to drop cases at the hole in the wall facility. If you fail to do this dragging your luggage from far side of car park could result as you are parked sequentially by the staff who disregard all the markings and park all the cars at acute angles with narrow aisles to cram more in. It works very well. It is however crucial to remember roughly where you parked within the compound unless you have a yellow car like me.

Regards John

Hello,

Shortly going on a 2 night cruise to Bruges. My first cruise!

Anyone have any recommendations please for car parking at Southampton.

Many thanks,

Cps are very good and very competitive price wise,the only thing you should be aware of is if you arrive at Southampton early and there is a delay you will be directed to the short stay car park and told to stay with your vehicle as someone would be along to tell you when to drive across the road to the departures.this happened to us and on our return home we had a £100 parking fine because we didn't buy a ticket in the short stay to cover the time in there.we phoned,wrote and emailed them but it meant nothing.i even explained that the port authorities employee directed us into the short stay carpark but again nothing other than a letter to say if the fine wasn't paid I'd be in court!

So park there by all means but be very careful.

Thanks everyone for your responses :)

Think I will stick with CPS as they seem to be coming up the cheapest for a short stay.

I will be wary of the short stay car park... what a nasty surprise to come back to after your hols....

I'll also take photos/notes on my phone where the car is! I have been caught out before in the car parks for Disney in Orlando.