Dawn SD on 12 vs penthouse lg balcony 10500

CRAustin

Need opinions 3 women currently in 10500 penthouse large balcony. Room is over 500 sq feet and balcony is covered by bridge overhang.

+ for current room

Views views views

Covered balcony

Have always want to try one of these rooms for balcony/views

+ to switching to SD FL 12

Double sinks & sep shower and tub

Rooms about the same size but it says queen can be separated. Can anyone verify?

Patio is uncovered could also be a minus as weather can prevent u from sitting out.

Has a Murphy bed plus seems like more of a divider vs just a curtain

Maybe less motion vs bow.

Oh price difference is nominal under 100.

Help!!!!!

We were just in the Dawn 10000 with the bridge bumpout. I think that the bed could be separated. There pull out sofa was big (although we never pulled it out). Bathroom was small,,, a little bigger than a mini suite bathroom.

We love the forward facing penthouse suites, but there are only two of us.

The SD on 12 does not have a murphy bed. It has a sofa sleeper which I think is larger than the sofa sleeper in the forward suite on deck 10. The SJ's (without a balcony) have the murphy bed and sofa sleeper. The big bed doesn't separate in the SJ's on the Dawn, but I have read that it does in the SD's. The SD does not have a dining table and chairs like the SJ does.

Edited by herdingdogmom

The SD on 12 does not have a murphy bed. It has a sofa sleeper which I think is larger than the sofa sleeper in the forward suite on deck 10. The SJ's (without a balcony) have the murphy bed and sofa sleeper. The big bed doesn't separate in the SJ's on the Dawn, but I have read that it does in the SD's. The SD does not have a dining table and chairs like the SJ does.

Hmm I looked at a YouTube video of 12528 and 12028 and one or both showed a Murphy bed.

Hmm I looked at a YouTube video of 12528 and 12028 and one or both showed a Murphy bed.

I was on the dawn in cabin #12528 and there was a murphy bed along with a pull out sofa and Queen bed.....The Queen bed can be separated to make 2 beds.....I slept on the murphy bed and it was very comfortable.....The only negative to the family suites on deck 12 is that there is no cover on the balcony so you are in the hot sun all day and can't use it on rainy days.

Sorry, I was thinking of the Star. Although they are sister ships, I forgot that the balconies on those suites were constructed differently on the Dawn so there is plenty of space for the murphy bed and the table and chairs. I slept on the murphy bed in a SJ on the Dawn and it was pretty comfortable.