QE2 Single Beds???

ChattyKathy

I've just read in a Cunard brochure that the only rooms that have double beds are on Caronia or higher categories of accomodation. Does anyone know what this means exactly? (The brochure wording was vague.) My husband and I are going on the QE2 for our 30th wedding anniversary - Hong Kong to Dubai - and I don't really think spending nineteen days sleeping in single beds is a great way to celebrate thirty fabulous years of marriage!! We're presently sitting with a M2 guarantee. Thanks!;)

I've just read in a Cunard brochure that the only rooms that have double beds are on Caronia or higher categories of accomodation. Does anyone know what this means exactly? (The brochure wording was vague.) My husband and I are going on the QE2 for our 30th wedding anniversary - Hong Kong to Dubai - and I don't really think spending nineteen days sleeping in single beds is a great way to celebrate thirty fabulous years of marriage!! We're presently sitting with a M2 guarantee. Thanks!;)

It means that because the furniture is fixed the two single beds cannot be pushed together to form a double. I'd call Cunard to find out WHICH cabins have double beds.

Peter

It may also mean you have bunk beds! There are bunk beds in the cheaper double rooms.

So find out for sure exactly what kind of beds you have. They should be able to tell you, but considering the recent problems with Cunard staff, I wouldn't guarantee it!

I think M2 beds are both on the floor, but I'm not sure. Just remember that this is an old, quirky ship, and many of us love it, in spite of her un-modern sleeping arrangements.

By the way, the beds are extremely comfortable, with very nice duvets and a pillow concierge.

All Mauretania Restaurant rooms have single beds. They are either bunks, two twin beds (separated by a bureau), or a twin bed and a sofa bed. To have a bed that two can sleep in side by side you'll have to reserve a C1 room or better.

All Mauretania Restaurant rooms have single beds. They are either bunks, two twin beds (separated by a bureau), or a twin bed and a sofa bed. To have a bed that two can sleep in side by side you'll have to reserve a C1 room or better.

Thanks for that heads up. Debating whether to use Cunard for a special trip I'm planning in 2007 and was looking at either a Transatlantic on the QM2 or do a special voyage with the QE2 as its the grand dame which would be nice before it disappears. However, sleeping arrangements is something that is important to partner and myself.

Is there a similar situation on the QM2 as I realize its a more modern ship?

No, the QM2 is very modern in every respect including bed configurations. Even the lowly inside rooms have twin beds that can be placed side by side or apart, if so desired. There will still be the crack between the two beds, but it was not a problem for my significant other and myself when we were on the QM2.

Archived