Excursion + Airport Drop Off

We have done these post cruise excursions several times and they have always worked well. Your luggage is secure in the compartment under the bus and the bus is always watched well by the driver when you are off of it. While we mostly do private excursions during the cruise the convenience of these ship sponsored excursions makes it a pleasant way to go to the airport & extend your vacation by a few hours when you have a later flight. Your excursion ticket will direct you to the meeting place (usually the theater) where you will receive instructions and then the whole group will disembark together and collect their luggage. After you collect your luggage you take it to the bus where it is secured. When you arrive at the airport your luggage is offloaded and you proceed to check in just the same as if you had taken a cab.

After DD and I did an Alaska cruise a few years ago (r/t Seattle) we did a post cruise tour of Seattle with airport drop off that included a boat tour and time at Pikes Market. It was very enjoyable and I would do it again.:)

We have done these post cruise excursions several times and they have always worked well. Your luggage is secure in the compartment under the bus and the bus is always watched well by the driver when you are off of it. While we mostly do private excursions during the cruise the convenience of these ship sponsored excursions makes it a pleasant way to go to the airport & extend your vacation by a few hours when you have a later flight. Your excursion ticket will direct you to the meeting place (usually the theater) where you will receive instructions and then the whole group will disembark together and collect their luggage. After you collect your luggage you take it to the bus where it is secured. When you arrive at the airport your luggage is offloaded and you proceed to check in just the same as if you had taken a cab.

After DD and I did an Alaska cruise a few years ago (r/t Seattle) we did a post cruise tour of Seattle with airport drop off that included a boat tour and time at Pikes Market. It was very enjoyable and I would do it again.:)

Thanks for that! That was really helpful information. I'm planning on r/t Seattle also.

Your welcome, we were going to take a post cruise tour in FLL, coming off our TA however, we along with some 200 others, never got off the ship until after 11 and missed the tour so extra buses were called in to get us to the airport. Our last cruise, we chose to spend one night in FLL and take the water taxi for the day.

Your welcome, we were going to take a post cruise tour in FLL, coming off our TA however, we along with some 200 others, never got off the ship until after 11 and missed the tour so extra buses were called in to get us to the airport. Our last cruise, we chose to spend one night in FLL and take the water taxi for the day.

That is unfortunate. I hope they comped you the price of the tour?

We have heard that disembarking after a TA can eat up a lot of the post-cruise time. We will be leaving this month for a TA on the Harmony, ending in FLL. We have done a couple of post cruise tours in FLL in the last couple of years, but there is a new one added this year to Parrot Jungle and I wanted to go there. We have a late flight. I have hesitated to book it, though. I am concerned about the same scenario that you have described.:eek: If we get off the ship in a timely manner we will be cooling our heels at the airport for way too long. I wish now that we also opted for an overnight stay.

Thanks for that! That was really helpful information. I'm planning on r/t Seattle also.

We had visited Seattle several times in the past as my father used to live there, but still enjoyed the tour. We had never done the boat tour, and that was a highlight. Hopefully, it is still offered.

If you click on this link it will take you to my full album of this really great post-cruise tour of Seattle with Airport Drop-Off.

DSC05204-600x451.jpg

The picture below is of the "Sleepless in Seattle" house that we saw on the boat tour.DSC05204-L.jpg

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl