Plastic Water Bottles

seattleny

Next time spring for $4 and have 12 bottles of water delivered to your room....empty out all the water if you want and you have 12 empty bottles....problem solved :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Kind of a waste of money to spend $4 to get an empty bottle when there is not restriction on bringing empty bottles on board.

Kind of a waste of money to spend $4 to get an empty bottle when there is not restriction on bringing empty bottles on board.

Nerd....it's a water bottle....spend the $4 and you can get 12 of them

Edited by First and Ten

Nerd....it's a water bottle....spend the $4 and you can get 12 of them

But I only need 1. :p

Seriously, my mother taught me a penny saved is a penny earned. There is nothing against bringing an empty bottle on board and I have done it every time since the rules change with no problems whatsoever. No need to start wasting money, even if it is only $4, if I don't have to.

Worse case scenario is they take my empty bottle at security and then I use my free 1 liter water bottle that is sitting in the room to put my canned soda in. Still no money spent. :)

Edited by Computer Nerd

What in the world was their reasoning since an empty plastic bottle is not a restricted item???

Their only reasoning was "you can't take water bottles onboard".

Then I would show them where they have misread the Carnival cruise contract. As quoted from section 8....."Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles." You'll notice the water in bottles is prohibited, not water bottles or in my case soda bottles (usually an empty Diet Coke bottle) that do not contain a liquid.

This is getting confusing :)

Water in boxes is allowed, but no water in bottles. Wine in bottles is allowed, but not wine in boxes. Soda in cans are allowed, but not in boxes or bottles. If you have a CPAP machine, distilled water in bottles can be carried on.

I just bought Cheers!

This is getting confusing :)

Water in boxes is allowed, but no water in bottles. Wine in bottles is allowed, but not wine in boxes. Soda in cans are allowed, but not in boxes or bottles. If you have a CPAP machine, distilled water in bottles can be carried on.

I just bought Cheers!

Actually, wine in boxes is allowed as long as the box is no larger than 750ml. Most boxes are larger than that and those larger boxes of wine are prohibited. Otherwise you are correct.

To me, the only thing I carry on is my soda, in cans, and an empty bottle to pour them into.

Edited by Computer Nerd

My son & bride left for their honeymoon yesterday on the Sunshine from NYC. Carnival confiscated their 12 bottles of water-saying no screw caps-just cans allowed. Is this something new - can only bring on cans now & no plastic bottles (water,juice,etc)?

It is not new that is why they have been selling 12 bottles of water for $3.00.

This, as everyone has said, has been a hot topic here for months. I just wanted to add that Carnival has very reasonably priced bottled water on their website. I think it was $3.99 for a 6 pk of small bottles. You can order it, it will be delivered to your stateroom on embarkation day. Also GOLD level & higher VIFP will receive a complimentary large bottle of water in their cabin. It was too big to carry ashore, but fine to drink in the cabin.

It's $3.99 for 12 bottles, but as VIFP (we've only cruised on Carnival twice before this), we each received a litre when we arrived, so we had WAY too much water. Separate from that, I brought my own water bottle onboard (like a $15 one from Target) and was able to keep it.