Tauck vs AMA

alidor

This past July we did a Tauck Bridges river tour in France - started in Paris and ended in Lyon and we did have a good time, but.... We had previously been on AMA two years prior to this trip and we honestly enjoyed AMA better. This was a surprise as I really expected to be wowed by Tauck but honestly wasn't. Our Tauck cabin was considerably smaller than our AMA cabin and I liked the food better on AMA. Also, thought everyone was friendlier on AMA - the staff and everyone.

Like I said, we all (grandkids, daughter and her husband) did have a good time but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do it again. And, we probably would not do a river cruise on Tauck based on our experience with this one.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I thought I would bring this up.

We have done one Tauck and AMA river cruises and feel the same way. The service on Tauck was spotty at best. Our dining table of four had at least one serving mistake every day. It was the first cruise together for the four cruise directors and it showed, confusing and mixed directions from them. Breakfast and lunch food was fine but the dinners weren't very good. I was under the impression Tauck was suppose to be one of the best river cruise lines but AMA has them beat.

I am glad to read your comments about Tauck. I am very satisfied with AMAWaterways, with 2 cruises completed and one booked.

I've been wanting to try Tauck, but it's hard to justify the extra $$$.

I have heard incredible reviews from our friends who have done the land tours with Tauck. One friend has done 2 safaris with Tauck and highly recommends them.

I think we'll stick with AMAWaterways for our river cruising. Great itineraries, wonderful staff, delicious food and overall friendly passengers.

We did do a land tour with Tauck about 2 years ago. We did another family Bridges tour to Costa Rica with the family and it was great! That's why we booked this river cruise trip, thinking it would be similar to the Costa Rica trip and it wasn't. Don't know if it's too many people for Tauck to do a good job on or what, but it just didn't measure up.