Wine Package

Alibobs

I've just told my husband I can find the answer to his question in minutes.......I know you won't let me down. 😉.

If you choose the Captains wine package 12 bottle option do you have to have one of each of the selection listed or can you perm any 12 from those?

I've just told my husband I can find the answer to his question in minutes.......I know you won't let me down. .

If you choose the Captains wine package 12 bottle option do you have to have one of each of the selection listed or can you perm any 12 from those?

We had it in June when we were last on QE and we only had around 4 of the wines. So the answer is you can perm any you choose.

You choose whatever bottle you want (from the selection you have chosen) I always stick to the same white ;) When you arrive at your table for Dinner you'll be given a booklet of vouchers. One voucher per bottle .....You can hand in two vouchers on the first evening and have a bottle of white and bottle of Red open at the same time .....If like me, I enjoy a bit of red with my cheese.

Of course, any unused is reserved for the following evening.

Thank you all . Just what we wanted to hear

We tend to have a white and red on the go at all times But usually have the Cunard private label wines which are perfectly acceptable but this gives us an option to shake it up a bit

Unlike some cruise lines Cunard don't restrict you to having one bottle of each.

I used to check out the wine list after boarding and then find the more expensive bottles within the package and try them first in the hope of getting some better value but from memory on our last cruise the bottle prices within the package were all quite similar which isn't how it used to be. We just found the ones we liked and stuck to them.

If you are considering a package I would recommend purchasing in advance over the telephone from Cunard UK if you are prepared to hang on the line for about 15-20 minutes as I did after three attempts to get through. You will likely save at least the price of a bottle based on higher exchange rate being offered by Cunard This is on top of the already guaranteed saving from buying a package compared to buying at bottle prices. I think this also saves on any service charge if bought on board.

Del

I'll add my recommendation to buy it up front as well - the savings are very good - I've snipped this from Colin Cameron's post in the OBC thread

"As I said, I've never bought a wine package before but at these rates it does seem like a good deal. All the wines on the Commodore Package are priced at either $55 or $60 (I think there's one at $57) so if we compare a $60 bottle bought on board normally, plus 15% service charge, is $69. Settled through your bill as normal by credit card at whatever the rate is at the time (let's estimate 1.25) comes to £55.20. Compare that to 1/12th of the package price of £418.93 is £34.91. That's more than a £20 saving on each bottle!:eek: Or, if I've done my sums right, that's the same as being charged $37.95 onboard for that same $60 bottle ($37.95 +15%=$43.64 converted at 1.25 =£34.91)"