transderm patch and alcohol....

kingstonKouple72

Next cruise is our first with the Alcohol package. We generally aren't big drinkers, but since the promo was offered, who was I to turn it down?

Question is how will that interact with the motion sickness patch? I wear patch every cruise for at least the first 3 days. I read the side effects and recommendations... says not to drink alcohol as it may increase your chance of side effects.

Anyone have any experience they would like to share?

Thanks

I always wear the Trans-derm patch and drink alcohol. For me, personally, I've not noticed any side effects. But you might want to check with your prescriber.

available in Canada without a prescription.

Thanks for the reply... I will probably chance it. :)

I take a fair amount of other medication and use the patch, I also enjoy a drink and continue to do so. I do get a dry mouth with the patch (but my other meds do that anyway) but I don't have any other problems with or without alcohol.

What I do suggest is that you use an extra patch and test it out with alcohol at home, before you risk it on a cruise!

What I do suggest is that you use an extra patch and test it out with alcohol at home, before you risk it on a cruise!

This is great advice. I was also concerned about the alcohol warning with the patch, so I used an extra patch and drank plenty of alcohol over the course of a long weekend. No side effects that I noticed.

However, I've read stories about people on the patch ending up in the ship infirmary after over-imbibing during the cruise. So, I guess YMMV. Follow the advice and take a trial run at home, where recuperation isn't going to interfere with any vacation plans. :)