Regal - Dining on the balcony

huskerdan25

Hi everyone. Returning to Princess after a couple of cruises with Celebrity and very excited to get back to Princess, this time on the Regal. Doing the 14 day east/west Caribbean cruise in late January, our first cruise longer than 7 days.

I have heard a lot about how small the balconies are on the Regal/Royal and have seen some pictures as well. Have never done the Ultimate Balcony Dining but we have $1100 in OBC for this cruise and I wanted to finally do this. Are the balconies big enough to do this comfortably? We will be on the Aloha deck. Anyone with experience doing the UBD on the Regal or Royal, please let me know what your experience was. Much appreciated!

Dan

Hi everyone. Returning to Princess after a couple of cruises with Celebrity and very excited to get back to Princess, this time on the Regal. Doing the 14 day east/west Caribbean cruise in late January, our first cruise longer than 7 days.

I have heard a lot about how small the balconies are on the Regal/Royal and have seen some pictures as well. Have never done the Ultimate Balcony Dining but we have $1100 in OBC for this cruise and I wanted to finally do this. Are the balconies big enough to do this comfortably? We will be on the Aloha deck. Anyone with experience doing the UBD on the Regal or Royal, please let me know what your experience was. Much appreciated!

Dan

I've enjoyed the UBD on the larger (9'x9') Caribe deck balcony & standard (9'x5') balcony on most Princess ships. Once inclement weather forced us inside for the UBD and that was also great.

We also comfortably enjoyed the UBD on the 20% smaller (9'x4') Royal balcony. We enjoyed it every bit as much as on the larger balconies & the smaller size mostly affected the servers who had less room. I wouldn't hesitate to have another UBD on a Royal-class ship because it's a great dining experience. :)