Local bus to Bathsheba and Welchman Hall Gully

travelloverontario

Hi everyone.

I have been trying to do my research on TA and Cruise Citic, and just have a couple of specific questions.

My husband and I feel comfortable taking public transportation in most places and like the local feel of the ride ...and also saving money!

We were considering doing a Glory Tour half day excursion to Harrison Cave, Bathsheba, and Welchman Hall Gully. However, I am not really sure if I want to spend $85USD pp. I would love to see that part of the island (we were there once before and saw the beaches along the west coast).

I am not sure that we need to see the caves however. We have been to several cave systems in other locations, and although interesting, I am just not convinced we need to do another one.

I would like to see the Gully however, ~with the hope of seeing some monkeys (although I know there is no guarantee).

So...my question... how feasible is it to take a public bus from Bridgetown (where our ship will dock from 8am - 5pm) to Bethsheba area... then catch a bus to Welchman Hall Gully, then catch another bus back to Bridgetown?? If time permits, we will then walk to Carlisle Bay for some swimming and maybe snorkel with the turtles.

Thanks for your help!!!

Hi everyone.

I have been trying to do my research on TA and Cruise Citic, and just have a couple of specific questions.

My husband and I feel comfortable taking public transportation in most places and like the local feel of the ride ...and also saving money!

We were considering doing a Glory Tour half day excursion to Harrison Cave, Bathsheba, and Welchman Hall Gully. However, I am not really sure if I want to spend $85USD pp. I would love to see that part of the island (we were there once before and saw the beaches along the west coast).

I am not sure that we need to see the caves however. We have been to several cave systems in other locations, and although interesting, I am just not convinced we need to do another one.

I would like to see the Gully however, ~with the hope of seeing some monkeys (although I know there is no guarantee).

So...my question... how feasible is it to take a public bus from Bridgetown (where our ship will dock from 8am - 5pm) to Bethsheba area... then catch a bus to Welchman Hall Gully, then catch another bus back to Bridgetown?? If time permits, we will then walk to Carlisle Bay for some swimming and maybe snorkel with the turtles.

Thanks for your help!!!

We recently (May) did that exact half day tour with Glory...I can't imagine using a public bus to go to these places...Hopefully someone else will give you better advice as this was just my experience and we also have used public transportation at many ports domestic and international when traveling.