Deluxe Drink Package question

Hi everyone. I have been on several RCI cruises in the past, but not for some time. I have just booked for new years cruise leaving the 30th December 2016 and noticed they now offer drinks packages. I have had a search and there are lot of reviews of the drinks packages USA based but not so much Australia based. Just wondering if anyone has purchased and used these drink packages-particulary the deluxe package? Also wondering if there are any limits to how many drinks you can order in certain time frames? What are the current prices for alcoholic beverages? It is also says that gratuity may be added to or included in the published price depending on itinerary. So just wondering if we would have to pay the gratuity for every drink that we got under the drinks package or if it is included.

Which ship are you cruising? Out of Aus? If so, if you purchase the drinks package, then nothing will be added on. The grats are inc in the package. On our last 2 RCCL cruises in Voyager of the seas,we had the premium package, from memory,the only difference between the premium and the ultimate (top package) was that the top package included coffees, fresh squeezed juices and sparkling water, where the premium only included still water. :) there is no limit to how many drinks you have, but it has to be one at a time, so you couldn't go to bar and order 2 or 3 drinks, if you have your partner or someone else's card that also has a package then you could get one for each card. And remember they make the drinks quite strong.

Just looked up RCCL drinks packages, I didn't realise that they only offer the 1 (deluxe) so disregard my rambling about the premium and the ultimate packages. Lol. Wasn't up to date with RCCL packages as our cruise coming up is on Celebrity, where they have 3 x alcoholic packages to choose from, so confusing, one only would be much easier. Haha

Edited by tassie cruiser

I have only purchased a drinks package once on Celebrity Solstice back in 2013 when it was cost effective.

I will not purchase the drinks package these days on Royal Caribbean or Princess because I do not drink enough to make the quote cost effective.

Perhaps loading up your account with on board credit is a better way of going about this. That is what I do.

I tend to agree, we have the package on our upcoming Celebrity cruise but that was included in the promotion when we booked. To pay for it, by the time you convert from US then add the 18% it works out very expensive. Mind you it will be nice for our cruise,Xmas and New Years without spending a cent on drinks. :D

I am going out of brisbane on the legend of the seas with Royal. The drink package is $66 AUD a day if you purchase it through my cruises thing. I keep hearing different things about whether the package includes the gratuities-some say it is 18% on top of the $66 AUD a day, some say it is included! So have no idea! I am also aware that the prices on the ship are USD-so i am guessing that it is applicable for beverages as well-I have been reading that most cocktails (outside of premium or special ones), beers and some wines are generally under the limit of $12 so would be included.

Just looked up RCCL drinks packages. They have 3.

The beer package, inc. all beers and house wines - $39 US per day

The classic package, inc. beers, spirits and cocktails using selected spirits - $49 US per day

Ultimate package, inc, everything from the classic package plus premium spirit brand names - $59 US per day.

So the prices stated all are inclusive of the 18% gratuities but remember this is US, so when you convert these prices it is $52, $64, $77.

I tried to copy and paste price lists and pics but didn't work. Sorry. :confused:

When we cruised on Voyager it was the middle package we had and it was fine.

Hope all this makes sense. I will now go and try to attach pics for you.

Fiona

Just looked up RCCL drinks packages. They have 3.

The beer package, inc. all beers and house wines - $39 US per day

The classic package, inc. beers, spirits and cocktails using selected spirits - $49 US per day

Ultimate package, inc, everything from the classic package plus premium spirit brand names - $59 US per day.

So the prices stated all are inclusive of the 18% gratuities but remember this is US, so when you convert these prices it is $52, $64, $77.

Those are the old details, and no longer available. The structure was changed last month and the alcoholic package is now the "Deluxe package."

Oh ok, my bad... Sorry.... So, Royal do only have the 1 package???? How much is that?

Royal now only offer 1 alcohol package - this is an overview but disregard the prices in USD. http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/uploads/news-product_19_256722736.pdf

If the cruise is booked in AUD your Cruise Planner prices will be in AUD and will include the 18% gratuity.

RCI can and DO change the price of the packages according to the ship and the sailing. The price you pay onboard may be different again.

Only the individual can decide whether it is good value for them.

I have my third Royal Cruise coming up this season - and have always bought the classic package. I have always tried to hold off and prebooked it when I thought the AUD was best against the USD.

I just purchased the package again the other week for my March cruise to take advantage of the 20% off special. Still hurts on the credit card - but when I have cruised without the package I got a case of bill shock at the end - so I just see the package as a way of removing any stress from the holiday!

I got the drinks package on our trip with explorer and I thought it was great. But, I'm a wine drinker and when the wine was $14 a glass I only needed to have 5 drinks a day and I covered my cost (it was easily done). And then I tried all the cocktails which my adult daughters shared with me to see which one they liked and they got the unlimited soft drink cup to have soft drink all the day. It depends on what you drink, if you just drink beer and not spirits I don't think it would be great value.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We'll be on the same cruise!

My hubby has ordered the one alcoholic package and, my understanding is, now that we've paid for it, there will be no extra charges incurred relating to his drinks.

I hope this attaches correctly, someone shared this list of included drinks a while back...

RCI New Drinks Packages - 6 Sept 16.pdf

We are booked on the Ovation OTS on a 15n Christmas Cruise to NZ. When I booked last year, I purchased 2 Premium Packages at AU 1148 each including 20% discount and grats. When they changes the packages in September to Deluxe, there was a drop to AU$1035 each including discount and grats So I cancelled the original package and rebooked, saving $$$. Today I have had to do the same exercise as they have now dropped to AU$996 each, still with discount and grats. Whilst ever they continue to drop their prices I shall continue to cancel and rebook. it is worth the exercise, so keep an eye on the cost of the packages.