Anthem of the Seas , Guarentee Balcony Question

Can I ask why you wouldn't want the first cabin all the way forward? I have been assigned one on another ship and to me it looks ok, but am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote

I thought someone said there was a hull on the balcony, but I think that was deck 7. I changed thinking that at the time but I wanted to also go a little higher if we could. We are used to being on one of the top decks. Just taking this trip between longer ones and didn't want to spend a to of money. My main goal was to just not have a lifeboat blocking our view. I would have been happy with the front first cabin or on the 8th deck where we moved.

If you get a guaranteed balcony room and they assign you a DO can you just cancel and rebook?

You can request to be put back into the guarantee pool and maybe you'll draw a better cabin.

Not all DO's are bad though, especially if the price is right. The porthole ones on decks 7 and 8 aren't really obstructed. Others have oversized balconies and minimal obstructions. There are numerous threads on DO's with pictures and recommendations.

Can I ask why you wouldn't want the first cabin all the way forward? I have been assigned one on another ship and to me it looks ok, but am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am prone to motion sickness so the front of the ship would be a problem for me. I had friends that had one of those porthole balcony rooms. They liked it but I could not go to their room without feeling the motion.

I hope that the OP won't mind a related, if not quite exactly on topic, question.

My wife and I did a balcony guarantee cruise about ten years ago, at the time that there were *only* Ocean View balconies ... to the best of my knowledge "Central Park" / "Boardwalk" balconies were only twinkles in RCL Corporate's eyes. As with the original poster, we couldn't pass up the savings, and we loved our cabin.

Now in the age of different kinds of balcony staterooms, are there different types of balcony guarantees? I did a search through a mock booking but couldn't really find what I was looking for -- is there a Cat X for ocean view balcony guarantee, Cat ? for Boardwalk balcony guarantee, and Cat ?? for Central Park balcony guarantee?

I'd assume the answer is yes, but as mentioned I couldn't find an answer while doing a mock-booking.

Thanks,

Michael

... Now in the age of different kinds of balcony staterooms, are there different types of balcony guarantees? I did a search through a mock booking but couldn't really find what I was looking for -- is there a Cat X for ocean view balcony guarantee, Cat ? for Boardwalk balcony guarantee, and Cat ?? for Central Park balcony guarantee?

I'd assume the answer is yes, but as mentioned I couldn't find an answer while doing a mock-booking.

Thanks,

Michael

Yes, there are different categories of balcony guarantees that have different minimums. Not sure there is a different category for CP and BW, but there is a "neighborhood balcony" guarantee.

(snip)

Now in the age of different kinds of balcony staterooms, are there different types of balcony guarantees? I did a search through a mock booking but couldn't really find what I was looking for -- is there a Cat X for ocean view balcony guarantee, Cat ? for Boardwalk balcony guarantee, and Cat ?? for Central Park balcony guarantee?

Thanks,

Michael

Yes. When they have guarantee balcony cabins, they have both neighborhood guarantee, or just balcony (ocean front) guarantee. When I booked my Allure cruise a few years ago I booked a Balcony guarantee which on the Allure is the same basic cabin for any balcony. Only difference is location and number of people it sleeps. But they also had for less money a neighborhood balcony guarantee. The only issue with that is if you use the neighborhood guarantee, you will get either central park or boardwalk.

So the bottom line with guarantee cabins applies. If you are someone who wants a specific location on the ship, then book that cabin. If you are like me are just care about being on the ship, and have no issues no matter where you sleep, then use a guarantee booking.

Edited by reedl