Single cabin (KC - Deck 3) Pics

mainewoods

I just returned from a voyage and I was in the single cabin on Deck 3. I thought I'd post a couple pictures for those that might be considering booking these rooms.

First, the cabin is beautiful. It seemed to have more floor space than any balcony room that I've had.

SingleStateroom1.JPG.35d653a3d957ad1444098d37bb2c41ef.JPG

SingleStateroom2.JPG.b40dc7dfa7c37fb9eda2015f851892ab.JPG

SingleStateroom3.JPG.0d8b8a4d23b38ab04fbfced0d25f2cca.JPG

Window.JPG.128eb4b989cdb9b2c344d443f84ce26c.JPG

Shower.jpg.e46fa7a0cef8a9486734040894301b97.jpg

BathroomSink.JPG.79ced173f055476ec7764507e7f3ea2e.JPG

It has a double bed (a bit wider than the single bed). Pictures don't show the flat screen TV hanging on the wall. As you are seated in the bed, the TV is directly across from you. There's a long cabinet (similar than the one between the windows) below the TV. There seemed to be plenty of space in the closet, but more storage space can be had in the cabinets and the night stand. The refrigerator is in the cabinet under the mirror. The safe is in the closet.

I'll try to post pictures, but in order to attach them, I believe that I have to resize them to less than 19KB. Sorry they're so small.

If I ever do a solo voyage again, I would book these rooms again.

Edited by mainewoods

Forgive me - that doesn't look like a double bed. based on the fact that the pillows are the width of the bed' date=' I'd say it'a single. A double would be twice as wide.

Thanks for sharing the pix[/quote']

It looks definitely wider than a single bed, perhaps its a 3/4 bed which is about a foot wider than a single and about 6" narrower than a double. Can't really go by pillows, its hard to tell if they are standard size pillows or longer than standard size (queen/king).

It looks definitely wider than a single bed, perhaps its a 3/4 bed which is about a foot wider than a single and about 6" narrower than a double. Can't really go by pillows, its hard to tell if they are standard size pillows or longer than standard size (queen/king).

Yes, you're right. It's definitely larger than the American single (twin). It might not be as large as a double. I'd say it's a 3/4 then (I had to look that one up, as I forgot about that size).

I do love that room. So much space. I think actual square footage is slightly smaller than the balcony room (when quoted by Cunard when I booked it), but I think you have more actual room because you only have the one bed.

It was so nice to get up in the morning, whip open the draperies and sheers, pour a cup of coffee, and sit and watch the ocean from your bed or chair in front of the window. Especially if it's a little chilly on deck.

I found the easiest way to get to the room was to face the Britannia room on deck 3, and go right (don't go into the dining room). Go down that 1/2 flight of stairs and around the corner into the opening on the left. The door to the end of the hallway is closed. The rooms are all down in that hallway. You can also get there from the D stairwell, near Queen's Room (I think). I know that I got lost most times I tried this, but I know that it's near that model of QM2. Again, not obvious, as the door to the end of the hallway (each end) is closed.

Oh, and I'm not sure if the pictures show it clearly, but the shower is a nice marble tile with glass doors.

Edited by mainewoods

Forgive me - that doesn't look like a double bed. based on the fact that the pillows are the width of the bed' date=' I'd say it'a single. A double would be twice as wide.

Thanks for sharing the pix[/quote']

It's what I would call a 'King Single' (not quite a double but wider than a single) - not sure if that's a bed size common outside Australia.

I like the bathroom fittings and the remastered colour scheme is very elegant.

It's what I would call a 'King Single' (not quite a double but wider than a single) - not sure if that's a bed size common outside Australia.

I like the bathroom fittings and the remastered colour scheme is very elegant.

Yes, the lighter color scheme is very nice. I do wonder though about the lighter carpeting in whether it'll hold up to stains and soiling.

According to the V site, which shows all deck plans, its an oversized single bed. Cunard declines to disclose sqft. Probably close to 140.What a beautiful little cabin. Wish other lines would pick up on this.(Aside from NCL).No big mirror a real oversight .I did 71N on Oceania in 144sqft with a roommate very easily.

Edited by zoncom