Late flight time in Barcelona, how to keep occupied

Jessica60

Hi,

I need any advice regarding the end of my cruise and waiting to fly home.

I am on the ncl epic at Easter next year. This ship arrives in Barcelona at 5am, for us to disembark. Unfortunately my flight home is not until around 10pm. I will have a four year old and a couple of suitcases, what can I do in the time that they kick me off the ship until the time I can fly.

I'm worried about the thieves in bachelors spotting me with my suitcases etc.

Can I drop cases off anywhere?

Is there anything to do for a few hours?

Thank you

If you're open to touring the city/sites, you could check out Barcelona Day Tours or something comparable. They would pick you up at the cruise port, safeguard your luggage, and take you on a tour of the sites. And then take you to the airport.

https://barcelonadaytours.com/advice-for-cruise-passengers-travelling-to-barcelona/

Edited by MeHeartCruising

thieves in bachelors?

I think this was a case of some strange autocorrecting :D and should have said Barcelona

Meheart, thanks for this link. This is just the thing I'm looking for.

Anyone else with some suggestions?

There is a left luggage facility at Sants Station and a cab transfer from the port to the station would not cost a lot. You could leave your luggage there for the day and plan your own sightseeing. The train then goes from Sants to the Airport. This option would probably work out less expensive than taking a tour and you would be more flexible in what you do.

Edited by Bobal

Meheart, thanks for this link. This is just the thing I'm looking for.

Anyone else with some suggestions?

We used RoyalRoadBarcelona for a tour. They'll pick you up at port, take you to airport and tour you around highlights of Barcelona. You can even design your own tour. They are easy to work with via email. Our driver/guide was excellent.

http://royalroadbarcelona.com/en/

To all of the persons posting informative, friendly positive replies, thank you very much for this assistance. I have many options to look into.

And I have noticed that the unhelpful person who I shall not name but everyone knows who, has had their post removed. This is great to see that the moderators of cruise critic are doing such a professional job.

Thanks again all those providing great advice. Hope to meet friendly people like you on my cruise.

Hi,

Can't recall the company name but we used the bag service that was just outside the port building, around €10 per bag, (in 2014 anyway).

Without baggage it's an easy hop on the blue port bus that drops off at the Columbus monument at the bottom of Las Ramblas.

Barcelona is a great walking city also the beach area Barceloneta, is quite close although with a four yr old in tow a tour/transfer combo or at least the hop on/off city tour maybe easier.

regards

Mark

I've just found a company called 'bags&go' they pick up bags from port and take them to airport. Anyone used these?

Yes I did earlier this year cheaper to book on line from home but they will be in the port when you disembark.