Question re: mini-bars

elycelynne

Unless you are in a full suite or are at elite level, then your mini bar will be empty.

Our first cruises ... b2b... were this past April, in a balcony cabin. I was surprised to find the fridge empty when I went to put in our wine bottles.

Bill

I've always emptied our mini fridge as soon as I arrive in stateroom. I just put (their) items on the desk. Just remember to keep room for the ice bucket that gets filled by your stateroom. Its been hit/miss, i've had some room stewards not filling bucket if the fridge is full of my pop/wine, and i've had others fill the ice bucket and leave on desk. If you go through lots of ice, order ice from room service.

So if you don't have a full suite and there aren't any items for them to empty, is the ice bucket still generally kept in the mini-fridge? I would definitely leave enough room for that, because I'm only going to be storing a few cans of my own soda at a time. (I'll probably be buying a Soda & More package, but there are times when it's not practical, such as if I'm in my cabin and feel like having a soft drink without having to leave to find a bar.)

So if you don't have a full suite and there aren't any items for them to empty, is the ice bucket still generally kept in the mini-fridge? I would definitely leave enough room for that, because I'm only going to be storing a few cans of my own soda at a time. (I'll probably be buying a Soda & More package, but there are times when it's not practical, such as if I'm in my cabin and feel like having a soft drink without having to leave to find a bar.)

I have found that they usually leave the ice bucket in the fridge, if there is room for it. From my experience, it actually keeps your items a bit colder with the bucket in there.

A couple weeks ago on the Grand the only thing in the mini fridge was a couple bottles of water...I was surprised to find the ice bucket in there the 1st evening..never been on a cruise line before that put it there...but it did make the ice last longer...:)

We've been Elite for four years but before that I thought that there were two cans of Coke, two cans of Sprite and a 1.5 L bottle of water in the mini fridge. We would take them out and put them on a shelf and place them back in the fridge at the end of the cruise. If you want them removed from you cabin call Room Service as that is their job, not your stewards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums