Has anyone done the murder mystery dinner?

I was in my cruise planner today ordering a birthday cake and noticed this. We weren't planning on doing any specialty dining but it piqued my interest. DH and DS are interested. It's $65pp. There will be 5 of us. It's in Portofino's. Does anyone have a link to the menu so I can check it out? TIA

Edited by james'mommy

We attended as a group on the Adventure of the Seas last year. It was fun, and worth the money.

It was basically a play, with the actors playing their rolls between the tables, and occasionally interacting with diners.

The food and drinks were great as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

We did it several years ago and agree it was worth it! Our instructions were to meet in a lounge before dinner. The actors mingled, hard to tell who the actors were sometimes. Then on to the dinner where we were told someone had been killed, and we chatted with actors and asked them questions to try to figure out "who done it", how, why, etc. Because it was interactive, it was fun and worth the price. The food was basically same as MDR , but you're paying for a fun evening. I'd say yes do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was in my cruise planner today ordering a birthday cake and noticed this. We weren't planning on doing any specialty dining but it piqued my interest. DH and DS are interested. It's $65pp. There will be 5 of us. It's in Portofino's. Does anyone have a link to the menu so I can check it out? TIA

It might depend on the ship. We did the Mystery Dinner when it first debuted a few years ago and sat with the writer of the play(found out after the show). It was a good show and we wanted to try it again when we sailed again. We sailed on the AOs last year and we did not like it as much.

You never know.

We've done it several times, on different ships, and we've enjoyed it every time. (Even though a couple of times it was the same mystery! ...but it had a different murderer.:D) We always enjoy meeting others at the big tables and collaborating on our ideas for solving the mystery as well. Once we got it right and won a bottle of champagne.:p

The acting is very campy, over the top, and fun. If you're expecting a serious mystery, you won't like it. If you enjoy unlimited wine, good food, interaction with your fellow diners, and a fun show, then go for it!

Judy