Any word on how Half Moon did against Matthew

clskinsfan

Carnival ships scheduled to be there today/tomorrow are skipping HMC for now, based on what CCL posed this morning on their own website - not ready to support visits from cruises - still in cleanup & recovery mode being the assumptions.

Freeport/Grand Bahamas and the northern islands in the Bahamas were hit hardest with flooding, down trees and power outages, etc. from Matthew - BTC apparently restored cellular comms in Nassau, but as of an hour ago - there were no ship docked there yet ... based on AIS data posted on MarineTraffic, which can be misleading if there are still scattered power outage & down lines.

One of the foreign news or weather channel briefly showed the "main street" of Nassau, with Diamonds Int'l and other stores along that famous & busy strips boarded up and flooded, lights out due to power outage. Nassau Guardian (news) site appeared to be still down and no updated news since the storm hit. Atlantas (resort) reporting on its site that they had some damages, cleaned up and things are returning to normal.

It's a matter of logistics in getting help out there, whether it's HMC and/or the local towns since tourism is vital to the economy.

We are on the Valor right now and were scheduled to go there but it has been cancelled. We are spending two days is Nassau [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ouch. My bar tab would be outrageous!! :) Try to make the best out of it.

I saw that Conquest was due to be in Half Moon tomorrow, 10/10, and that stop has been cancelled as well. I am scheduled to be there on 10/17. Lets see if they can get it up and running in a week. I hope so!

JH just posted a video about HMC. Apparently it is fine and the Valor cruise on the 15th will be the first ship to visit on the 15th. I got SOOO lucky this time. Looks like we are on for a stop in paradise on the 17th!!

Yay, We'll be there on the 19th and HMC is one place I haven't been that I want to go. This makes my evening.