Early Saver question

cjnix29

I know there are threads on this, and I have read them, but I'm having a hard time getting my head to understand.

I booked an early saver rate. If I see a price change, is the new rate given and I am no longer an early saver? Today is final payment date for my cruise. And there is a price drop. So wondered if by changing my rate today, do I lose price protection through cruise date?

No you will remain early saver and can price match until 2 days prior to sailing. As far as I know you would only lose it if you switched to a pack and go or a guarantee cabin.

The other exception is if you switch to a Premier or Ultra. I had an ES booked and it was announce Premier and I switched. My PVP made it very clear this was one of the few times that ES wasn't always ES.

To OP if you find an lower rate please remember if you booked during the recent reduced deposit sale you would need to pay the regular deposit to price match. (unless the new rate also have the same reduced deposit)

The other exception is if you switch to a Premier or Ultra. I had an ES booked and it was announce Premier and I switched. My PVP made it very clear this was one of the few times that ES wasn't always ES.

To OP if you find an lower rate please remember if you booked during the recent reduced deposit sale you would need to pay the regular deposit to price match. (unless the new rate also have the same reduced deposit)

Threadstarter said today is final payment day, so deposit amount is irrelevant.

I doubt this is an issue for the OP since they indicated today is the final payment date.

I know there are threads on this, and I have read them, but I'm having a hard time getting my head to understand.

I booked an early saver rate. If I see a price change, is the new rate given and I am no longer an early saver? Today is final payment date for my cruise. And there is a price drop. So wondered if by changing my rate today, do I lose price protection through cruise date?

Like others have said with a few exceptions you will remain ES just matching to another rate. So don't worry about matching when you see a drop. If you wait thinking you only have 1 time to price match you might miss out on a price reduction that never comes back. So price match whenever you see a drop. We did it on a cruise 5 times.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

Would this count if I say went from ES to a guarantied room? Or is that a mistake I do not want to do?

If you are allowed to switch (sometimes they let you and sometimes you are told you can't, depends on who you get on the phone) to a guarantee room you will no longer be ES and won't be able to match prices any more. It is a one time switch and no more price matching. And you would have to be happy with any room you might get which could be in a bad location like over a club or under the pool area.