Quick help on room choice for Carnival Freedom

scoutfinch72

About the same to me. Deck 7 is better location but people could see in if you leave blinds open, and you don't have a direct oceanview. The oceanview would be slightly larger with a couch. I don't mind walking/climbing stairs, so would probably opt for the Oceanview.

I would pay anything to get off Riviera deck. You will spend your whole cruise waiting for an elevator. At least on deck 7 if you are somewhat mobile it is only 2 decks up to the Lido and 2 down to Promenade so the stairs are an option most of the time.

Don't worry about being forward. We were in 9206 on Lido deck and read horror stories about the motion. Turned out to be a super smooth ride. We noticed the vibration much more when we were midships on Promenade and in the aft dining rooms.

Edited by DebJ14

Ack, so many differing opinions! I talked it over with DH and showed him the 360 views of both rooms on the Carnival website and he preferred having a slightly larger room with a couch, and really didn't like the idea of people walking by the window. The walkway rooms really do look kind of cramped on the 360 view. We are currently in an OV on the Main Deck, so at least one deck higher, lol.

As it turns out, I was clearly losing my mind yesterday, as we are sailing on LIBERTY, (6 day) not Freedom (7 day), lol. I was looking at 2 cruises that leave from Galveston on the same day on those 2 ships. We preferred the ports on the Freedom cruise, but our kids are staying with some great friends while we cruise and we really need to be back the day before Christmas Eve. This has all come about at the VERY last minute. We were at a school fundraiser Saturday evening with friends and we were looking at some travel packages up for silent auction. They asked if we were going to bid on any and I replied that we really didn't have any family nearby who are in a position to stay with our children, and they offered. I thought they were just being polite at first, but they brought it up again yesterday and we were able to find just a few cruises that fit our tiny travel window.

We are booked for Nov.14 on the Liberty in 7202. It is a front facing inside with a window. It faces out to a public walkway / balcony. We would take it over the Riviera any day. We normally book a balcony but we have always wanted to try one of these. It was a good price on the cabin for a quick getaway so we took it. Go with the Empress deck. You will be glad you did.