AMA on the Danube in 3 weeks, some ????

cruiserdru

We leave in 3 weeks for an AMA Waterways wine themed Prague to Budapest trip. Just got our paperwork and still have some questions.

Can anyone give me some idea of what time dinner is held in the evenings?

Docs say our Cruise Manager will be at our hotel for the 3 days we are there but they do not give the person's name. Is that usual - just thought it would be nice to look them up on the AMA website.

Do they have a Chef's Table dinner on embarkation night or do they start the next night?

Are most the Level 1 tours just bus rides where you pass things and never stop?

Thanks for any info. Just trying to set expectations.

We leave in 3 weeks for an AMA Waterways wine themed Prague to Budapest trip. Just got our paperwork and still have some questions.

Docs say our Cruise Manager will be at our hotel for the 3 days we are there but they do not give the person's name. Is that usual - just thought it would be nice to look them up on the AMA website.

Do they have a Chef's Table dinner on embarkation night or do they start the next night?

Dinner is usually held at 7:00. I think they do have Chefs Table first night. Ask at reception, this is where you sign up. I don't recall receiving the Cruise Manager's name in advance. I'm sure he/she will be excellent. The gentle walkers group also includes some walking.

Most evenings it is at 7, but could be at 7:30 if the day tour is a really long one.

Yes, it is offered the first night.

The "gentle walker's" group sees almost as much as the other groups but at a slower pace. My husband needed a hip replacement last time we cruised with AMA so we were almost always in the gentle walker's group. In one city, I can't remember which one, a small choo-choo train was available to ride. At the Melk Abbey a van transported a limited number of people to the top and back down so they wouldn't have to walk all the steps. AMA takes very good care of their limited mobility cruisers.

See answers in red.

We are on AmaSonata Oct. 27th Vilshofen to Budapest.

Yes, Chef's Table is offered on the first night.

The night in Vienna dinner is usually quite early to accommodate guests going to concert in town. Otherwise, 7 or 7:30 as previously noted.

We got our documents last week and I was happy to see how many more excursions are included now as compared to our last Danube cruise 4 years ago.

Was especially glad to see the comments about the gentle walkers as DH is delaying his first knee replacement for this cruise and I was afraid he would feel the need to totally opt out of the tours. He is now feeling better about the tours.

We did the same trip last November. We didn't know the cruise directors name until we arrived. She was wonderful, but I apologize I don't remember her name. Under river cruise section Kirsten, who owns AMA has a question and answer section. It is located at the beginning of the river cruise section.

You'll love this trip. Ours was a wine themed and it was excellent.