2017 Halloween on Anthem of the Seas

heatherpl

So I was wondering If anyone has done a past Halloween on Royal Caribbean Anthem of the seas or ships like this one?

Can you tell me on these certain bigger ships how are the Halloween events and activities for adults? I know this is a larger ship that holds more people so didn't know if there would be costume contest and what not.

• 3 weeks later...
So I was wondering If anyone has done a past Halloween on Royal Caribbean Anthem of the seas or ships like this one?

Can you tell me on these certain bigger ships how are the Halloween events and activities for adults? I know this is a larger ship that holds more people so didn't know if there would be costume contest and what not.

Hi, I will be joining you on this cruise, my birthday on the day we board and Halloween can't get any better!!

Please can anyone give us some info on what it's like on Anthem for Halloween?

Can we ware costumes? Do they have a party?

Can't wait to hear from all those fellow cruisers who are on Anthem of the seas enjoying their cruise.

Thanks

Margie

• 8 months later...

We were on the Anthem last October. All of us were dressed up. There was a big Halloween event in the Two70 area. I believe it was supposed to start at 10pm. We arrived at least 45 minutes prior to that. About 80% of all seats were taken up by people that weren't even dressed up (?) for a costume party. The dance floor was beyond packed so we never made it to the dance floor. It was really disorganized but the most disappointing part were all of the people that weren't even dressed up taking up all of the seating on both levels.Those folks should have been let in after everyone that took the time to dress up were in the venue. None of it made any sense to any of my group of 8. 🙁 We all left early. We did move down to the Music Hall and had a nice time there later on. I hope you have better luck this year. We have been on the Liberty twice for Halloween and had an absolute blast.

I will be there, too.

Add 2 more to this sailing!!!

We had a great time with Halloween on Explorer with even the WJ being decorated from early in the morning, a Halloween parade (taped for later playback) with a contest for best costume and even a Trick or Treat party hosted by the cruise staff in one of the lounges (only about 45 minutes). Hoping Anthem will do a good job on our sailing! :D

MARAPRINCE

We will be on the Freedom over Halloween (transatlantic), and I was wondering the same thing. While I love Halloween, I'm not sure that I want to take up precious luggage space for costumes.

We were on the Anthem last October. All of us were dressed up. There was a big Halloween event in the Two70 area. I believe it was supposed to start at 10pm. We arrived at least 45 minutes prior to that. About 80% of all seats were taken up by people that weren't even dressed up (?) for a costume party. The dance floor was beyond packed so we never made it to the dance floor. It was really disorganized but the most disappointing part were all of the people that weren't even dressed up taking up all of the seating on both levels.Those folks should have been let in after everyone that took the time to dress up were in the venue. None of it made any sense to any of my group of 8. 🙁 We all left early. We did move down to the Music Hall and had a nice time there later on. I hope you have better luck this year. We have been on the Liberty twice for Halloween and had an absolute blast.

Excuse me. We were some of the people that you referred to as "taking up all the seating". We have been on the Anthem three years in a row for Halloween and will be there again this year. The party in 270 is in the daily. It is open to everyone costumes or not. Maybe if you stayed a little longer you would have seen it was organized. We voted on our favorites and prizes were giving out to the winners.

We will be on the Freedom over Halloween (transatlantic), and I was wondering the same thing. While I love Halloween, I'm not sure that I want to take up precious luggage space for costumes.

Really not necessary to bring a costume with you. By adding a few accessories to a pair of black or white slacks and a black or white top and a little imagination you can create a one of a kind "costume" that would not take up space in your luggage. :halo::evilsmile::cool:

MARAPRINCE

Last year this was a guy (at least I think so under the costume) as a huge Tyrannosaurus rex. I can't imagine how he got it onboard. Also someone was sitting in a bathtub.

I tried to upload the photo but kept getting a message that it was too big.

• 1 month later...