where is carnivals communication?? changes

goingagain

has anyone else not been notified about itinerary and/or time changes???Carnival swore to me that they notify all travel agents with clients booked, but Cruises only.com just told me that they should have been but were not....carnival still seems to be trying to pass it off to the agency but i, and friends and family have booked through our agency dozens of times and have always been kept upto date with info.....just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.....it only bothers me because i was supposed to be notified by oct.31 and my payment{final} was due nov. 1 meaning cancellation will cost me $$$$:confused: :confused: :eek: :confused:

has anyone else not been notified about itinerary and/or time changes???Carnival swore to me that they notify all travel agents with clients booked, but Cruises only.com just told me that they should have been but were not....carnival still seems to be trying to pass it off to the agency but i, and friends and family have booked through our agency dozens of times and have always been kept upto date with info.....just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.....it only bothers me because i was supposed to be notified by oct.31 and my payment{final} was due nov. 1 meaning cancellation will cost me $$$$:confused: :confused: :eek: :confused:

My friend is saling on Destiny in a couple of weeks and she was sent a fax yesterday about the time change in Barbados and Aruba. Carnival has updated their website to reflect the changes.

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=SJU&itinCode=SCG&shipCode=DE&durDays=7&subRegionCode=CS

Im not sure what you mean by "I was supposed to be notified by oct 31" Did you have an idea that the times would be changed?

Hope it all works out for you.

Maybe Carnival (right or wrongly) assumes that its customers are responsible adults and will periodically check in with them.

Fortunately I do this with all my travel.

For my marathon trip, my hotel room was cancelled by the hotel and rebooked at a higher rate, my car service reservation was cancelled, and my flight cancelled.

Since I had periodicaly checked and rechecked with all the above, I was able to rectify the situations ahead of time. I would have been up the creek had I not done so.

BTW, the hotel is back at the originally booked rate, car and plane reservations restored.

i was told by carnival that memos went out to all agents with clients booked, on oct31 and my agent...Cruisesonly.com who i and family have used dozens of times were never told....My final payment was due nov 1. so not being notified in time means i would now be penalized for any changes i make....it is a minor change and i know there are worst things that can happen but we are celebrating a honeymoon ,ingagement and anniversary in our group...having booked the destiny knowing it is a late night ship as far as barbados and aruba we have a nice night in barbados planned but we know will be leaving @ 6:00 instead of 10 pm ...this means we have to cancel plans we made....not the worst thing like i said but we feel we should have been notified....:(

Archived