Transportation to Port of Miami from Airport with kids

mrobinson

Family of 4 with 2 children, ages 3 and 7. Will be flying into Miami airport and going to Port of Miami.

Trying to figure out best and most economic way to get to the port since I understand that we need a car seat for the 3 year old.

Am I correct that we wouldn't be able to use a cab or Uber since they wouldn't have a car swear.

We don't want to have to bring our own since that is a pain.

The airline will check the seat for free if you do not want to use it on the flight. ;)

The cruise line transfer bus costs about $20+ per person -- taxi is $27+tip and Uber will be under $20. Same fares will get you back to MIA after the cruise. So using the transfer bus will cost you about an extra $50 each way. :(

I would save the $$, bring the seat and use Uber or a cab - your call.

Hi, I'm in the same boat, kind of. I would rather pay a bit more to NOT bring a car seat.

If you're coming straight from the airport, I would get a private shuttle to the pier that offers carseats.

My issue is, we have private shuttles for my group of 11 to and from the airport, but I don't have a shuttle from my hotel to the pier and its only 2 miles away. My plan was to have the rest uber and we'll (myself, husband and 3 year old) have to pay a little more ...but I don't even know who would offer this service for such a short drive.