Pacific princess hit breakwater In port nice

princessfanboy

Well, I’m not about to be surprised by anything at this point. From an insurance standpoint anyway. As already mentioned, after Princess convinced me and again sent me the “Princess Vacation Protection” package that I thought I was talking about herein, I was happy.

Then I asked, again, what is this travel policy you have given me, in our names, that you paid for titled “Allianz Global Asssistance”? They had no answer.

But they, then, called the phone numbers with the account number I gave them from the Allianz policy and they talked to those folks. Princess came back and said that is an American Airlines associated travel insurance program. I said, well I bought air transport through the Princess EZair and they booked it through American Airlines. Things began to make sense, a little anyway, after that. Here is the EZair language in the Princess sales pitch: Pay close attention to the second bullet.

Booking flights with Princess EZair®

The Easy Way to Book Air Save time, money & stress when you book your cruise vacation and airfare early with Princess EZair, featuring new, lower prices that give you all the benefits of a flexible ticket at the price of a restricted ticket!

• Surprisingly Low Prices – We’ve negotiated new, lower competitive air fares. Many times, you’ll find our Flexible fares are even lower than our Restricted fares!

• Late Arrival Protection – Ensures you'll get to your cruise if flights are delayed or cancelled, and we’ll get you home if for any reason the cruise or Princess transfer cause you to miss your return flight.

• Worry-Free Booking– With our Flexible air, you can change your flight up to 45 days prior to departure with No Penalty. Book your flight now with no amount due until cruise final payment

• No Customization Fees – You can choose your desired airline, flight, class of service, seating arrangements and requested ancillary services with no extra customization fee.

• 24/7 Support – Via our En Route Desk, Princess offers 24/7 support to ensure your air travel is as worry-free as your cruise.

However, everybody who books Princess EZAir gets these protections, but you are the first I've heard of to have a second travel policy. I'm still leaning toward the idea that your Allianz policy was ordered(?) and issued because of the business class seats. It could also have been an accident by the person at Princess who actually booked your ticket with AA. But since you appear to have had something similar on your previous cruise-with-air booking, I am going with the former for the time being.

It is fascinating, too, that when you called Princess, they did not initially know what you were referring to. Perhaps this is some sort of thing AA includes in their consolidator contracts? I think you've narrowed it down to being part of the EzAir, and we know it has your name(s) on the Proof of Coverage (and not PCL), but there is a lot still to learn about this. It does sound like a customized policy, too, not one of those available to the general public but similar to the add-on policies made available when one books an airline or vacation package through any of the big online travel agencies.

Sorry to hear about Pacific Princess and all the passenger disruption. What I get from reading this entire thread is; it may be a good idea to book EZ Air; because they will take care of your flight reservation if anything happens both on and off the ship.

Well...probably. If it is a delayed EZAir flight on the way to the ship, or a delayed/cancelled cruise that necessitates a change to a different EZAir return flight, yes, it is great coverage.

Other variations we just don't yet know. It remains to be seen what happens with PescadoAmarillo's claim. They now have two transatlantic flights paid for out of pocket that may or may not be covered, which were not part of the original travel plans, but don't seem to be covered looking at the verbiage in the standard policy (the PVP, not any other add-on such as what kennicott has been issued). Since this is such a unique situation, it may be something that Princess chooses to cover as an exception; and that's what we will hope for.

Well...probably. If it is a delayed EZAir flight on the way to the ship, or a delayed/cancelled cruise that necessitates a change to a different EZAir return flight, yes, it is great coverage.

Other variations we just don't yet know. It remains to be seen what happens with PescadoAmarillo's claim. They now have two transatlantic flights paid for out of pocket that may or may not be covered, which were not part of the original travel plans, but don't seem to be covered looking at the verbiage in the standard policy (the PVP, not any other add-on such as what kennicott has been issued). Since this is such a unique situation, it may be something that Princess chooses to cover as an exception; and that's what we will hope for.

I thought she had posted on her blog that Princess had picked up the cost of their tickets home?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I thought she had posted on her blog that Princess had picked up the cost of their tickets home?

Yes, but that was not due to any insurance through PVP or EZ air bookings. It was more about their unique situation, and was apparently a decision made or brought about by the influence of the hotel department manager on the Pacific Princess.

However, everybody who books Princess EZAir gets these protections, but you are the first I've heard of to have a second travel policy. I'm still leaning toward the idea that your Allianz policy was ordered(?) and issued because of the business class seats. It could also have been an accident by the person at Princess who actually booked your ticket with AA. But since you appear to have had something similar on your previous cruise-with-air booking, I am going with the former for the time being.

It is fascinating, too, that when you called Princess, they did not initially know what you were referring to. Perhaps this is some sort of thing AA includes in their consolidator contracts? I think you've narrowed it down to being part of the EzAir, and we know it has your name(s) on the Proof of Coverage (and not PCL), but there is a lot still to learn about this. It does sound like a customized policy, too, not one of those available to the general public but similar to the add-on policies made available when one books an airline or vacation package through any of the big online travel agencies.

Yes, you could be onto something here, we did pay a lot of dough for business class. However, there is something else to consider. Now that I have the two policies, side by side, I note big differences: Germaine to this question is that all my P.V.P. coverage doesn’t begin until noon on the day of departure. While the “Trip Cancellation” portion of the Allianz policy begins on the effective date. We purchased the cruise and EZair package from Princess on May 10, 2016 the Alliance policy effective date is May 11.

Allianz---- “Trip cancellation coverage begins on your plan’s effective date, as long as you have paid the premium.” “All other coverage begins on your scheduled departure date.”

Allianz----“Trip cancellation coverage: Payments and deposits you made before your trip was canceled, less any published refunds you’re entitled to.”

Allianz----Trip cancellation coverage----When it applies-----Your trip is cancelled before you get started---for one of the following reasons”:

-----“Cancelled services”-----Your airline, cruise line, tour operator or travel supplier stops offering all services for at least 24 consecutive hours where you’re departing because of:

1. Severe Weather or

2. Natural Disaster

The Allianz plan only covers $200. PP for cancellations and $500.PP for delays. The PVP only covers $500. PP for “unused land or water arrangements” delays (pre cruise) and has a “Cruise Vacation Protection Cancellation Enhancement”, which is apparently only applicable if you cancel. I can’t find in either policy, anywhere, where thousands of dollars in airline fares are realistically going to be reimbursed.

Yes, but that was not due to any insurance through PVP or EZ air bookings. It was more about their unique situation, and was apparently a decision made or brought about by the influence of the hotel department manager on the Pacific Princess.
I was responding to someone else's post about them needing to file a claim for two trips and that did not appear to be the case. I was well aware that this did not come from an insurance claim,